Non-Let'sPlay Gaming Videos

Sirtoshi

That One Guy
Hello again, citizens!

So, I'm a gamer. And I've gotten a few Let's Plays up on my channel. However, I've been wondering:

What other sorts of gaming videos do you enjoy that are not straight up play-the-game-while-commentating types of videos? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing and talking. However, I feel like I should get a bit more creative and branch out to other types in addition to my commentaries. Your thoughts?

I don't know what they're called, but the kind Critikal makes
Hm. I think that still counts as gameplay and commentary. It's just edited to show certain parts of the gameplay. Also, Cr1tikal is just way more hilarious than I am, haha.

Hmmmm...perhaps videos that are really informative about games...you know, getting behind the scenes and stuff of how it was made (tools, time, inspiration, budget), mini-interviews with the creators (maybe a 3 question-answer format), probably easier to achieve with indie developers...

Or another idea would be to show/post all the typical hidden tricks, easter eggs and what-not in games, but I think that's not really new.

Or, I don't know, dress up as a stupid vampire and just do Let's Play!! :p

Hm. I think that still counts as gameplay and commentary. It's just edited to show certain parts of the gameplay. Also, Cr1tikal is just way more hilarious than I am, haha.
It's not a "let's play" though, because of the edits he uses. I don't consider it one anyway.

Hmmmm...perhaps videos that are really informative about games...you know, getting behind the scenes and stuff of how it was made (tools, time, inspiration, budget), mini-interviews with the creators (maybe a 3 question-answer format), probably easier to achieve with indie developers...

Or another idea would be to show/post all the typical hidden tricks, easter eggs and what-not in games, but I think that's not really new.

Or, I don't know, dress up as a stupid vampire and just do Let's Play!! :p
Definitely the vampire thing! Lol.

Back