Nintendo must be strict with copryright claims

Allie

I just got bombed by so many copyright claims by Nintendo on a Super Mario 3D World video. Just one video mind is all I have up for it. Is Nintendo strict about this stuff? I am new so I am not claiming money or anything at all. So I don't mind them doing it but found like 4 at once odd.

They usually auto claim anything that has their music in them (since it's the easiest for YouTube to pick up on)

You shouldn't get copyright strikes, though, only third party claims.
Which just makes it so you can't monetize the video.

Ah phew was worried. Considering I am so new I don't mind get claiming money since it would be pointless to do for me at this point. Plus Nintendo is fun to play so I will keep playing now that I know I won't have my channel deleted.

Ah phew was worried. Considering I am so new I don't mind get claiming money since it would be pointless to do for me at this point. Plus Nintendo is fun to play so I will keep playing now that I know I won't have my channel deleted.
Yeah.
I have like 100+ Nintendo third party claims on my channel :p

Nintendo just claims and if you want to get money from it you can just join in the program the have and you get some money from the videos. I got 2 videos claim from them and I just add them to their program to at leas gain like 1 cent loool XD. But I'm with you I love nintendo games because they are fun!

Nintendo just claims and if you want to get money from it you can just join in the program the have and you get some money from the videos. I got 2 videos claim from them and I just add them to their program to at leas gain like 1 cent loool XD. But I'm with you I love nintendo games because they are fun!

They have a charm. :)

The problem with their "Program" is (last I heard) that they want your channel to be and only be Nintendo content, which means nuking all things non-Nintendo on the channel. I could be wrong and this could have changed a bit since then.

The problem with their "Program" is (last I heard) that they want your channel to be and only be Nintendo content, which means nuking all things non-Nintendo on the channel. I could be wrong and this could have changed a bit since then.

It can be videos only, I only have 2 videos register not my channel :)

Speaking of Nintendo, is it best not to try and monetize anything with Mario in it? I just started my Retro Trip segment on my channel only to have the first video have three claims on it. It's Super Mario World, so I can understand why. The weird thing is that I've got a ton of Smash Bros and Mario Kart videos on my channel all monetized, except one Mario Kart video. So with this, I'm wondering if I should even bother continuing the Super Mario World series or just NES and SNES games in general. Like, with them not being monetized, should I still keep uploading them?

Back