New Video not getting as many views

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Alright so I’m not trying to be a narcissist and say that all my videos should get tons of views HOWEVER, typically my videos get 1-5 Views a day especially when it’s a new video. But my newest video got to about 50 Views and then it just stopped going up. Anyone know what it is? Was it just a video that people weren’t interested in? Or possibly something else?

As a guess, it might be because the only people that watched it are the ones you actively shared it with, and because of your erratic upload schedule YouTube doesn't rank your videos very high. So it hasn't been found by anyone by accident.

But that's just a theory. A gaaaaaame theory!

As a guess, it might be because the only people that watched it are the ones you actively shared it with, and because of your erratic upload schedule YouTube doesn't rank your videos very high. So it hasn't been found by anyone by accident.

But that's just a theory. A gaaaaaame theory!

That's true. If there is any one word to describe my upload schedule it would definitely be erratic. Thanks for the response!

Yeah could be, or your usual viewers just caught it earlier for some reason and so its typical audience is 'spent'.

Could also be a delay or error in reporting views. I recently posted a video that had 10+ comments and likes but
'0' views for the entire first day, even though my combined analytics suggested it got about 100 views. I never did get those initial views but it started counting on day 2. If YT thinks they catch bots or fishy behavior they can freeze your view count, although it doesn't sound like that's what happened to you.

Back