New Snap Report (Possibly) From YouTube

xingcat

Be good to self.
YouTube Insider channel (which, if you haven't watched yet, is really pretty good) just put up a community post about a new "snap report" that will cover certain questions about each upload. Here's what the report is going to cover (maybe):

• How your video is doing on views/comments/likes/subs/shares compared to your previous upload, channel average, and best video ever
  • What's the top comment you haven't yet replied to
  • What are the top themes among your video's comments
  • Is everything okay with copyright/monetization/technical issues
I think the idea of a combined, easy-to-read report is great, but I think their choice of subjects are things that are pretty easy to see, even without visiting analytics in any depth. What do you think?

Not sure about top themes in my comments, as a report anyhow, its pretty easy to read the comments and know whats going on. Might be different if I was getting thousands of them. Everything else tho, pretty easy to just view from the analytics or dashboard.

Looks like a useful analytical tool especially for big channels with lots of views and comments (you can see if the topic is popular, and what people care about the most in the comments to plan ahead the next video), but I feel that's about it.

Back