New mic for commentary

PiFFZONE

Liking YTtalk
So i'm in the market for a new Mic that I will be using for commentary.

I game on a PS4 where I use ShareFactory to add commentary and my Headset does not produce the quality sound I want when it comes to commentary.

Is there a Headset I can use that will work well as a GOOD mic?

Or should I just use my current headset and buy a (stand alone mic) to use for commentary?

thanks !

I use H2N Zoom handy recorder. You can either record onto an SD card and connect it via USB. I think it's awesome and recommend it highly!

Same I always recommend: the AT2020+

It's about $120 cheaper than the Zoom, plug it into your laptop, fire up Audacity and away you go.

If you want to go budget for high quality, try the AT2005USB. I don't have it, but when I was doing research into sound, that came in with great reviews. You can usually find it for $50-70 and you're given great sound and the backing of a name brand like Audio-Technica.

Guys keep in mind I will be using it on the PS4. & the win thing is if I should go with a stand alone mic or a headset with good mic quality

Well no, you won't be using it on the PS4. You'll be using it on your PC. You'll be playing a PS4 game, but you'll be recording your commentary to the PC.

Well no, you won't be using it on the PS4. You'll be using it on your PC. You'll be playing a PS4 game, but you'll be recording your commentary to the PC.

I record commentary on my PS4 using Sharefactory. Iv done it already but with my headset. I found a few stand alone mics that work on the ps4 via usb. Just couldnt decide between that or a headset with a better mic.

I record commentary on my PS4 using Sharefactory. Iv done it already but with my headset. I found a few stand alone mics that work on the ps4 via usb. Just couldnt decide between that or a headset with a better mic.

There's no need to do that, though. You're not editing and uploading your video straight out of your PS4 so why do you need a mic that goes into it? Wouldn't it be SIGNIFICANTLY easier to record your commentary into your PC and have a high-quality audio file there?

Back