New Channels Failing To Grow

If people message me asking to check out their channel, I put on my iron man suit and get ready to beat someone up.[DOUBLEPOST=1367788350,1367788267][/DOUBLEPOST]
He didn't actually do anything wrong? He took the mature response and nicely said "If you don't like it, you don't have to look".

Bravo Lucas White for not starting an argument. <3
Thanks for the support man! :D

Bowie-disapproves.gif
XD

I used to actually do the last one still do actually but heres how I did it. Any channel I watched that is similar to mine I would go to the comment section and leave a guinuine comment most of the time it would end up getting top comment for a few days. Then I would pick out about 50 to 100 comments that liked the video and sent a pm. Every messeage was different not just a copy and paste and I didnt send it to everyone at the same time, no forwarding. The message would have something like I seen that they enjoyed the video and was just letting them know that I have similar material and Im just trying to get some feedback on my stuff. Im not begging for subscribers just trying to get the word out I appreciate your time thankyou. Then I would attach a popular video.
Sometimes you get nothing , one time I got cursed out for the first time but I think thats because I messaged a troll. Depending on who you message in the comment section you will get really nice people. You get views on your video that you attach in the message and maybe 5 or 6 subs from your efforts in a week or 2 week time.

It may not seem like alot for all that work but you have to see it as a social site not just a place to make videos and money. You can make good friends on youtube and I think that a pm is a good way to go.

SYNOPSIS
Looks like I'm in that "early channel stage" where you're getting little to no views. Basically all channels go through this stage and it could last from a month to a year (depending on your content). I hope to get some more publicity soon but in the meantime what are your guys' opinions or strategies about this stage? I know I shouldn't be giving advice with only 7 subs (lol) but I have found a few ways that are working pretty well for me.

Reddit - Yup it may sound crazy but I've found that posting to reddit (with an honest title of course) can actually help you get view, and more importantly, subscribers.

YTtalk - Probably the reason you're on this website in the first place, YTtalk is a great resource for building an audience and gaining dedicated viewers.

PM Other Relatively Small Channels (maybe with the same topic/theme as yours)
- Maybe sending a fellow Youtube a message along the lines of, "Hey man I've been looking at your channel, and I got to say I'm impressed. Your videos are great and I subbed! (actually check out there videos);)

Any opinions? What do you guys think? Any other methods of growing?

Just wanted to show you support that I think your ideas are sound. I've had people PM me and I'm a cynical guy, but I still appreciate the compliment and either check out their video or say thank you and move on. Personally I haven't ask people to come check out my videos though.

Back