New Camera?

Tom Stevenson

Who knows what I do!
Hi Guys,

So I'm looking for some technical help really because my current camera isn't great.

I'm currently running a Fuji HS20, which is brilliant other than its Auto-focus and I cant change the aperture for video. (if you know how to fix these, please tell me)

All else fails - I'm looking to upgrade my camera soon, I was thinking the Cannon Rebel t3i, with a 1.2f Sigma Lens. What is everyone else running?

I recommend that Canon camera, I'd get it myself if I had the money. Seems like a very good one. I'm getting Canon PowerShot SX150 IS myself, it seems good enough from the videos I've seen.

Canon t3i is a good camera! Alot of youtubers has it! The only thig is that its pricey... Anything from canon cameras are good! I have a Canon powershot a2400, I got it the other day and Its great!

Canon t3i is a good camera! Alot of youtubers has it! The only thig is that its pricey... Anything from canon cameras are good! I have a Canon powershot a2400, I got it the other day and Its great!
I recommend that Canon camera, I'd get it myself if I had the money. Seems like a very good one. I'm getting Canon PowerShot SX150 IS myself, it seems good enough from the videos I've seen.
Thanks Guys, Obviously the ideal is something like the 60D. I'm currently working with this Beastly Cannon while I work with the BBC.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 17.36.08.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 17.36.08.png
    499.1 KB · Views: 8
I'm not quite sure man! i'm between cameras right now and deciding wether i should or not.. does that camera have a flip-out screen so i can see myself while i'm filming? That would be a determining factor if i cannot see myself, i will not buy it.

That's crazy that you can't change the aperture value in video mode....

Shooting with a 7D atm, need to upgrade to a proper video camcorder lol.

Personally, I run a Nikon D5100 with a 1:3.5-5.6G 18-55mm lens. I must confess, I'm deeply IN LOVE with this camera, since second 1 it reached my hands.

Lighter than the Canon equivalent, and with many many other functions. The best I can say about this camera is it's articulated flip-out screen, let's you take any kind of uncomfortable shot a lot more easy.

Personally, I run a Nikon D5100 with a 1:3.5-5.6G 18-55mm lens. I must confess, I'm deeply IN LOVE with this camera, since second 1 it reached my hands.

Lighter than the Canon equivalent, and with many many other functions. The best I can say about this camera is it's articulated flip-out screen, let's you take any kind of uncomfortable shot a lot more easy.
See my current Fuji has a flip out screen, but I've not found it useful in anything but landscape photography.
But I'll have a look into the Nikon range, I've always been a Sony/Cannon man.... aha!

See my current Fuji has a flip out screen, but I've not found it useful in anything but landscape photography.
But I'll have a look into the Nikon range, I've always been a Sony/Cannon man.... aha!

According to your profile, you do vlogs too. Don't you find the flip-out screen a VERY useful tool for performing this? I don't know what would I do without that god blessed LED screen popping out of the camera's body.

Oh, wait, I forgot to mention, the D5100's flip-out flips out on the side of the body, and then you can turn it 180' front, and 90' back.

You should read some reviews about this beauty. And yeah, I'm a Nikon Lover <3 lol[DOUBLEPOST=1370950448,1370950424][/DOUBLEPOST]

According to your profile, you do vlogs too. Don't you find the flip-out screen a VERY useful tool for performing this? I don't know what would I do without that god blessed LED screen popping out of the camera's body.

Oh, wait, I forgot to mention, the D5100's flip-out flips out on the side of the body, and then you can turn it 180' front, and 90' back.

You should read some reviews about this beauty. And yeah, I'm a Nikon Lover <3 lol

You should read some reviews about this beauty. And yeah, I'm a Nikon Lover <3 lol[DOUBLEPOST=1370950448,1370950424][/DOUBLEPOST]

You should read some reviews about this beauty. And yeah, I'm a Nikon Lover <3 lol

Yeah - I vlog. I find if I can see myself during the shoot - I'm distracted by my shear beauty and it ruins the take.
I'd much rather focus on looking into the soul of the camera! aha!

Back