New and need tons of help

Michael Geathers

I need a good camera ($100-200) dslr or compact
Shoots full hd video (720-1080)
Free video editing software (something good)
How do I put voice filters on?
And how do I make an intro?

I'm such a newbie to this I don't know anything

You are at the stage where you're concerned about too many things that don't matter yet. There is no point in holding back your first pieces of content until they're "perfect" because frankly you don't even know if you enjoy doing YouTube stuff yet. I assume you've got a cell phone with a camera. Start using that. Improve in an iterative fashion. Don't worry about intros until your normal content is ok. Worry about audio editing once you have audio to edit. You could easily spend 6 months getting together all of the pieces to make a professional production, but in that time you could have been pumping out content on a basic phone camera and the breakdown in importance between good content and ideal quality tech is very much in favor of the content.

Now, if you don't have a cell with a basic 720p camera, then sure go buy a Sony point and shoot with video capability. Outside the most basic of video recording though, your top priority should be figuring out how to make content and be interesting.

Tarmack is more then right, if you've ever heard of Corridor Digital (They're a big youtube channel) they say the same thing, if you have an iPhone then get the Youtube Capture app, its a new app by youtube that allows you to record, slightly edit, and then upload your video directly to youtube all on your iPhone! I did an entire interview video just with my iPhone, I used the built in camera app and then edited it using the iMovie app, if you are a beginning youtuber with an iPhone your set, if you have an iPhone 5S then your stacked

Back