new (almost open source) video editing software

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
This was posted on a forum that I frequent and I know that a lot of people dont have much money here so I thought I would share this.

A company of video producers decided to well try to make an open source video editor that was pro. Along the way they decided to change some of it and make it not open however the basic editor which is actually pretty good and allows for video transitions, green/blue screen and other things is free. The pro part is mostly codecs and things that although nice most of the people here wont need for what they do .

Anyhow I asked about it and the person who was posting the info responded honestly he said the software is working fairly well. Its still in beta which means it has some stability issues. It took him 4 tries to download and install it but after he got it installed it worked well.

Here is the link to the free download

here is a link to what is in the pro and their explanation of why they have a licensed version.

yes it has all the stuff you need to spruce up your video just it leaves out things like codecs and some fancy things like collaboration and sharing, but if you were to purchase a full featured video editor this is what you would get. What happened is the original company went bankrupt this company took over the software package and decided release the basic editor for free. Its safe, legal and not filled with viruses and anything you will ever need to make nice video. Its not an after effects package though but if i were to place this side by side with my pro editor it does exactly the same thing. :) its just lacking in codecs like blue ray .. which well I dont know I use them but you really only need it if your trying to do some fancy sound work in a movie.

Sounds cool! I might check it out later

yes its a good offer it seems a bit unstable. The offer was so good I did a "hrm what is wrong with this picture its too good to be true" so I went around asking questions for a couple of days hehe. Its legitimate the software works and I found out the story behind it so it makes sense. If you were to purchase sony vega pro you would get this .. only well not free. Dont mix it up with after effects though that i a whole other addon that people use along side a pro editor. However for the most part right now what people need that are hurting for software is a good editor. AFter effects are optional first make nice video hehe. Then worry about 3d flaming text and electric lightening bolts :)

for the moment i have looked far and wide for the best editing softwear and for me the best ones are magix video delux 17 and camtasia ... till this point they havent failed me yet lol

for the moment i have looked far and wide for the best editing softwear and for me the best ones are magix video delux 17 and camtasia ... till this point they havent failed me yet lol
they also cost money this one is free :)

Back