Need Views!

i never knew boobs could be this harmfull to people.. i think i should started being mean to girls who like sixpacks on dudes.. or anything like that >.>[DOUBLEPOST=1386638611,1386638505][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have a friends ( black) and he makes jokes about black people himself :) even his dad doesnt mind. racism today isnt racism.. its jsut stupid remarks about people. like if i call you foureyes, it doesnt mean i hate all people with glasses :D ( dont take this offensive now!!!!-.-)
Yes! This is exactly what I meant! I like to make self-depricating jokes as well, as I think they're hilarious. I don't find it racist.[DOUBLEPOST=1386639741][/DOUBLEPOST]
you're young and the effects of discrimination are subtle enough to not stand out. If they were obvious then we would have questioned them before now.

if you want to know the kind of obnoxious comments that made me so annoyed to see boobs suggested as a good way to gain views, then the brain scoops episode "why my ladies at" does a good job explaining it.
I can't post links.
but it's easily googled and it's interesting.
I watched through the video and I think she was more discouraged by the fact that people seemed to disassociate gender with her field of study. If that's the point you were aiming to make, I can say that I can understand where she's coming from. I constantly am the subject of ridicule since I like to listen to music like Pierce the Veil or Escape the Fate, music commonly known to be enjoyed by teenage girls. So I'm "gay" and a "b***h a** faggot" for listening to such, but you've got to learn to ignore it. She seemed to say you have to focus more on the positive support more than the negative, and that's exactly what should be done.

I constantly am the subject of ridicule since I like to listen to music like Pierce the Veil or Escape the Fate, music commonly known to be enjoyed by teenage girls. So I'm "gay" and a "b***h a** faggot" for listening to such, but you've got to learn to ignore it. She seemed to say you have to focus more on the positive support more than the negative, and that's exactly what should be done.
if someone was making jokes about how "b***h a** gay faggots listen to music like Pierce the Veil or Escape the Fate" on every forum ever about youtube, and from most of your family and friend when you told them you made youtube videos, would you want or not want someone to say those jokes aren't funny and should probably stop?

You: "I make youtube videos"
Someone: "BITCHASSGAYFAGGOTS LISTEN TO THAT MUSIC"
You: "this is not at all tiring or annoying. please. nobody ever tell the creators of these jokes to stop"

tits in thumbnails is so prevalent and dismissive women that I'm tired of hearing it and I want it to stop.
this is a forum for all youtubers, and if you want a wider range of genders participating then we need to stop actively taking part in the actions that make youtube unpleasant for so many people.
That means letting go of the tit jokes.
There are other funnier and more interesting things to say.

i just dont get what is wrong with boobs. we are born with them. yes some guys love them much more then others, i just know its just a nice gift from the gods for both sexes too have fun with. maybe if you dont want to be in such an inviroment you should maybe learn to deal with or turn of your modem. im not here to bully, but even my female friends know they like their boobs. i mean dont say,,, if some one with a hot body sits on you, you wont enjoy it ( if single). everyone has their likes and dislikes. some like food, some boobs. some like toys, some boobs ^^ <-- studies marketing

if someone was making jokes about how "b***h a** gay faggots listen to music like Pierce the Veil or Escape the Fate" on every forum ever about youtube, and from most of your family and friend when you told them you made youtube videos, would you want or not want someone to say those jokes aren't funny and should probably stop?

You: "I make youtube videos"
Someone: "BITCHASSGAYFAGGOTS LISTEN TO THAT MUSIC"
You: "this is not at all tiring or annoying. please. nobody ever tell the creators of these jokes to stop"

tits in thumbnails is so prevalent and dismissive women that I'm tired of hearing it and I want it to stop.
this is a forum for all youtubers, and if you want a wider range of genders participating then we need to stop actively taking part in the actions that make youtube unpleasant for so many people.
That means letting go of the tit jokes.
There are other funnier and more interesting things to say.
If there was, would it be the majority? No, I highly doubt that it wouod. It's easy to ignore that kind of behavior, seeing as I already do. Or if its a joke, I'll take it lightheartedly. Maybe you're right about me being young and not understanding when someone truly wishes me ill, but from what I can tell, very few people are actually composed of that sort of hatred.

Telling people to stop doesn't get them to actually. I can say this from experience as when someone tells me to stop doing something, I rarely will. I think most people are like that. So you've got to learn to either deal with it or ignore it.

The thumbnail thing is literally just the idea of "sex sells". Think of magic mike, the movie with channing tatum. That movie was literally only successful because it promised to be 2 hours of an attractive guy stripping. Literally the only reason for that movie to exist. Nobody made those thumbnails in an attempt to demean women. When a girl says that a guy has a hot body, is that demeaning to men? I certainly don't think so. It wouldn't stop me from visiting the forums either.

I get why you think this doesn't matter.
once upon a time I thought this didn't matter either.
once upon a time I thought racism and sexism were in the past with witch burning and everything is fine and the world was fair.
but it's not fair
and it does matter

This is a public forum designed for people working at something that will hopefully become their job.
a forum filled with people saying to put tits in your thumbnails isn't a nice place to work.

"be a sex object" or "find a woman to be a sex object" should never be the answer to any question about how to get better at your job.

Back