Need some suggestions..

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
So I want to change my online nickname, but when it comes to my channel, I can't decide to keep my channel and stay going with the URL or create a fresh channel.

tbh I'm not really happy with my current channel, it was just too messy with my inconsistency, but keeping it with my videos and stats might be the better option but coming out of the blue to my subs with "Oh I'm changing my name" might not be good, but not really allot of them are active because of my inconsistency. :p

What would you guys do? :)

How active are your subscribers? I think that would be my deciding factor.

Leaving an audience of 143 people would be hard for me. haha :crown:

I would say it depends on two things;

Firstly if you have very active subscribers then you'll have to consider losing a lot of them when you make the change. If they're inactive then you wont be losing out on much anyway.

Secondly, do you think you'll be able to do it differently this time round? There's no point in starting a new channel from scratch if its just going to have the same problems as the previous one. If you do make the change then make sure you'll be able to stick to a proper schedule this time. Otherwise you'll end up in this situation again.

How active are your subscribers? I think that would be my deciding factor.

Leaving an audience of 143 people would be hard for me. haha :crown:
`
5 Views in 22 hours so not very active. :p But it would be hard to leave the channel when it has 23k, 100+ videos and views, I'm not sure if Google will change the URL, they will, I'll keep on this channel, if they don't I'll create a new one. :)

Secondly, do you think you'll be able to do it differently this time round? There's no point in starting a new channel from scratch if its just going to have the same problems as the previous one. If you do make the change then make sure you'll be able to stick to a proper schedule this time. Otherwise you'll end up in this situation again.

The reason for my inconsistency was because this was a Junior Cert year, my Junior Cert ends 16th June and that gives me the next 2 years until my next Cert. year, so yes I would say I would be able to do differently this time. :)

And they're pretty inactive, so I say I'm not losing out on much. :p

Moving this to the Branding & Channel Design section of the forum for you :) What ever you do, don't ever change your avatars :D They're the best lol.

`

The reason for my inconsistency was because this was a Junior Cert year, my Junior Cert ends 16th June and that gives me the next 2 years until my next Cert. year, so yes I would say I would be able to do differently this time. :)

And they're pretty inactive, so I say I'm not losing out on much. :p

I'd say go for it in that case. You wont be losing out on much and you can look at this first channel as practise. And at the end of the day there is nothing stopping you coming back to it one day.

I see you went ahead with it, Pentra is certainly easier to say and remember than Scob bob... what was it :D Good luck man!

I see you went ahead with it, Pentra is certainly easier to say and remember than Scob bob... what was it :D Good luck man!

Thanks Michael! ^^ Thanks for the replies guys! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1401784479,1401784425][/DOUBLEPOST]
Moving this to the Branding & Channel Design section of the forum for you :) What ever you do, don't ever change your avatars :D They're the best lol.

My random Baby/Animal or whatever avatars ain't changing! ^^

Back