Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everybody! I uploaded this video on youtube and I've been working on it pretty hard, and I received a lot of feedbaack on the video before and tried to fix everything I could! I record with a phone because I have no money for now but I try to do my best.
What I want to know is
- Editing: how are the cuts?
-Audio: is it decent or I need to try to improve in editing?
-Light: Do I need more light or less light?
-Content this is personal: did you find some value in the content?
and additional feedback is appreciated!
Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to read this!

Oscelle

Reaction score
Hey Valerio

First of all before I get into the actual review I just want to say that I love the warm positive feeling that your video has, it's a nice topic and you seem like a genuinely nice guy that just wants to help people out. So I'll go through each of the criteria that you have asked for, maybe adding some of my own in as well.

Video Quality: I know that you said that you were recording on your phone and so you don't think it's as good as it could be if you were using a different camera, but I think that even using a phone camera, there are some things that you can do to enhance the video quality. The first one for me would be to fill the frame more. Looking at the video now, you are quite small on the frame and there is a lot of wasted space that isn't really being used for much. I know that the pieces of paper that you have on your wall that have your positive sayings are there to prove the point that you do the same things that you are telling people to do but even when you highlight it, because the your phone has adjusted the brightness, I assume, to make sure your face isn't too dark, it means that it is quite difficult to read what is on the pieces of papers so I think it would be better for you to sit closer to the camera, fill more of the screen and then when you want to highlight something or show something to the camera, for you to maybe take the piece of paper from the wall and then hold it in front of the camera, which should hopefully mean that if your phone camera is automatically adjusting the brightness of the video should make reading what is on the pieces of paper easier to read. So yeah, you're not doing bad I just think you should fill the frame more and take full advantage of the whole screen...

Audio: The audio quality is nice, you speak clearly and there isn't a lot of background noise, the audio levels seem nice, it's not too loud or too quiet. The only thing I could comment on is the fact that you are constantly banging on the table, which each time creates a noise which kind of fights your voice for my attention, so maybe gesticulate in the air instead of down onto the table. The other thing that I could suggest is maybe using some background music, the only reason why I say this is because sometimes music can help to make a video seem less long and flow better. I'm saying this out of personal experience, with my last video I initially wanted to use music only in my emotional scenes so that when the music hit, it would be more powerful. But when I sent the test videos out to my friends the general consensus was that it felt long because it didn't have any music to push it on and when I added the background music they all said it was felt quicker. I'm kind of getting that same, kind of sluggish, feeling with your video and I kind of feel that if you were to have added just a little background music in your video it would help it to feel a little quicker.

Cuts: The jumpcuts for the most parts seem good, there are a few times where you cut a little late and so have a kind of awkward mini-pause so maybe look out for those next time and get the cuts a bit sharper. Also sometimes you cut and then after the cut you repeated the same sentence you had just cut from so I'm hearing the same sentence repeated, and it doesn't seem to be for the purpose of emphasising what you are saying. So again look out for that when you are editing. Apart from that it doesn't it's too bad.

Lighting: The lighting seems decent, you're well lit, I think by a window in front of you, which is good. The only problem that I have is that the window's reflection seems to be being shown as a very bright spot on the picture behind you, right above your head, which again distracts me and averts my attention, even if only for a little while from you and what you are saying. I don't know if there's anything you can do or want to do about it, but that's something you could look at

Content: The content as I said in my beginning paragraph is nice, the video has a nice conversational feel about it. The segue into your outro was smooth but I do think you spend a little too long on the outro because it's merged into your last point, but that might just be me personally so take that as you want.

It's a good video for someone who has only been making videos for two weeks. I do want to say that everything that I've said in this review is my opinion and not law so if you disagree with anything I've said feel free to ignore it; it's your channel after all. I hope what I have said has been useful though and given you a few things to look at and to implement and incorporate into your future videos. Hopefully in three years you'll be happy with where you are! Good look with your channel.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The main issue I find is that throughout the whole video, whenever you trying to show something, you didn't show it up close or directly in front of it. If the whole video will be just the camera facing the same angle and position, it will kill off the viewer interested to watch your video. That kind of stuff is fine for vlog but if motivational video, some effort need to be put in order to attract viewer to stay watching your video. Overall, everything is okay. Just that problem I outline it to you I find it need changing.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The main issue I find is that throughout the whole video, whenever you trying to show something, you didn't show it up close or directly in front of it. If the whole video will be just the camera facing the same angle and position, it will kill off the viewer interested to watch your video. That kind of stuff is fine for vlog but if motivational video, some effort need to be put in order to attract viewer to stay watching your video. Overall, everything is okay. Just that problem I outline it to you I find it need changing.
Hey Valerio

First of all before I get into the actual review I just want to say that I love the warm positive feeling that your video has, it's a nice topic and you seem like a genuinely nice guy that just wants to help people out. So I'll go through each of the criteria that you have asked for, maybe adding some of my own in as well.

Video Quality: I know that you said that you were recording on your phone and so you don't think it's as good as it could be if you were using a different camera, but I think that even using a phone camera, there are some things that you can do to enhance the video quality. The first one for me would be to fill the frame more. Looking at the video now, you are quite small on the frame and there is a lot of wasted space that isn't really being used for much. I know that the pieces of paper that you have on your wall that have your positive sayings are there to prove the point that you do the same things that you are telling people to do but even when you highlight it, because the your phone has adjusted the brightness, I assume, to make sure your face isn't too dark, it means that it is quite difficult to read what is on the pieces of papers so I think it would be better for you to sit closer to the camera, fill more of the screen and then when you want to highlight something or show something to the camera, for you to maybe take the piece of paper from the wall and then hold it in front of the camera, which should hopefully mean that if your phone camera is automatically adjusting the brightness of the video should make reading what is on the pieces of paper easier to read. So yeah, you're not doing bad I just think you should fill the frame more and take full advantage of the whole screen...

Audio: The audio quality is nice, you speak clearly and there isn't a lot of background noise, the audio levels seem nice, it's not too loud or too quiet. The only thing I could comment on is the fact that you are constantly banging on the table, which each time creates a noise which kind of fights your voice for my attention, so maybe gesticulate in the air instead of down onto the table. The other thing that I could suggest is maybe using some background music, the only reason why I say this is because sometimes music can help to make a video seem less long and flow better. I'm saying this out of personal experience, with my last video I initially wanted to use music only in my emotional scenes so that when the music hit, it would be more powerful. But when I sent the test videos out to my friends the general consensus was that it felt long because it didn't have any music to push it on and when I added the background music they all said it was felt quicker. I'm kind of getting that same, kind of sluggish, feeling with your video and I kind of feel that if you were to have added just a little background music in your video it would help it to feel a little quicker.

Cuts: The jumpcuts for the most parts seem good, there are a few times where you cut a little late and so have a kind of awkward mini-pause so maybe look out for those next time and get the cuts a bit sharper. Also sometimes you cut and then after the cut you repeated the same sentence you had just cut from so I'm hearing the same sentence repeated, and it doesn't seem to be for the purpose of emphasising what you are saying. So again look out for that when you are editing. Apart from that it doesn't it's too bad.

Lighting: The lighting seems decent, you're well lit, I think by a window in front of you, which is good. The only problem that I have is that the window's reflection seems to be being shown as a very bright spot on the picture behind you, right above your head, which again distracts me and averts my attention, even if only for a little while from you and what you are saying. I don't know if there's anything you can do or want to do about it, but that's something you could look at

Content: The content as I said in my beginning paragraph is nice, the video has a nice conversational feel about it. The segue into your outro was smooth but I do think you spend a little too long on the outro because it's merged into your last point, but that might just be me personally so take that as you want.

It's a good video for someone who has only been making videos for two weeks. I do want to say that everything that I've said in this review is my opinion and not law so if you disagree with anything I've said feel free to ignore it; it's your channel after all. I hope what I have said has been useful though and given you a few things to look at and to implement and incorporate into your future videos. Hopefully in three years you'll be happy with where you are! Good look with your channel.
Guys thanks so much for your reviews I'll make sure to look at those things, I already noticed that the video feels long and I should probably make more jumpcuts because I have not much space to record so basically I'm stuck sitting at the table or standing up in front of the window,I thought about the music and I'm going to add a relly soft music at very low levels because the message is the most important part of the video, thanks for taking you time reviewing me I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

PMW

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I kind of like it to be honesf the only thing Inwould change is the little distracting light on the picture