Need Some Advice

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Some (but not all) kids channels were having problems with monetization mainly due to "duplicate content" - There were channels who were gaming the system by making hundreds of very similar "kinda surprise" / nursery rhyme / ABC etc videos and uploading them with slight variations on the keywords in order to try to fill up search / suggested videos with their videos. So long as you're not doing anything like that, you shouldn't have any issues. :)

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
kid content hard to monetize. in this time, youtube demonetize a lots of kid channel with the aim of protecting kids

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with people saying it's hard to monetise for several reasons:
1. Not long ago YT demonetise many kids channels because they were repetitive (REUSED / DUPLICATE), all of them were doing the same things, same songs and no commentary. A silver or gold product expert confirmed this in a blog
2. Another problem I see is that you aren't adding commentary or anything of value which is something that can really help in your review. I believe having commentary really helps to be accepted as some channels here were demonetised then added commentary and were accepted again
Just wanted to share what I read and learned in the last couple of months, wish you the best and good luck!
GV

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
yup thats how YT is, its pretty weird how it works lol

but I dont see why you cant monetize your channe I am not monetized, so I am not 100% sure. your channel is unique and targets a specific audience I see you no problem blowing up and getting super popular. just takes time and just keep a consistent schedule and play around with tags

Sirtokoo

Reaction score
Some (but not all) kids channels were having problems with monetization mainly due to "duplicate content" - There were channels who were gaming the system by making hundreds of very similar "kinda surprise" / nursery rhyme / ABC etc videos and uploading them with slight variations on the keywords in order to try to fill up search / suggested videos with their videos. So long as you're not doing anything like that, you shouldn't have any issues. :)
I think that's what the person was trying to tell me, not sure, but ya I noticed that most use some kind of program that draws, and paints everything for them, and they would upload 1-2 videos a day, I was wondering how they could do that so fast. Some of the huge posters I do take 1-5 hours to do. Of course my little is usually watching so I am goofing off some.

Sirtokoo

Reaction score
I agree with people saying it's hard to monetise for several reasons:
1. Not long ago YT demonetise many kids channels because they were repetitive (REUSED / DUPLICATE), all of them were doing the same things, same songs and no commentary. A silver or gold product expert confirmed this in a blog
2. Another problem I see is that you aren't adding commentary or anything of value which is something that can really help in your review. I believe having commentary really helps to be accepted as some channels here were demonetised then added commentary and were accepted again
Just wanted to share what I read and learned in the last couple of months, wish you the best and good luck!
GV
Adding commentary maybe not be a bad thing actually. I just do know if I can talk 20mins though lol.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Sirtokoo! I checked out your channel. This is off the topic a bit, but do you really think a kid would want to watch the same picture for 20 minutes in a row? I'd suggest shorter videos and several images in one video, painting in high speed. I know it's difficult to do right now for you, but I don't think you'll be successful wth your current strategy. I'd also advise to test your audience - how long is the kids' attention span? How long are they willing to look at one picture being painted?

Sirtokoo

Reaction score
Hi Sirtokoo! I checked out your channel. This is off the topic a bit, but do you really think a kid would want to watch the same picture for 20 minutes in a row? I'd suggest shorter videos and several images in one video, painting in high speed. I know it's difficult to do right now for you, but I don't think you'll be successful wth your current strategy. I'd also advise to test your audience - how long is the kids' attention span? How long are they willing to look at one picture being painted?
I agree I was looking at some other channels and there videos are about 3-5 mins per picture. So I increase the speed the more. I didn't think about it that way, but you're right.