need some advice/help!

hi folks, i do microsoft flight simulator x videos... currently have 16 videos uploaded 9k views and 113 subbers... yesterday a uploaded a video wich got almost 1k views first 24hours... i have monetized my videos that have royalty free music....

got this message on my newly released video:

Your video is currently not approved for monetization. To consider your request, YouTube requires information regarding your commercial use rights for your video.
I can provide proof of commercial use rights...

Please note that partner support is currently only provided in the English language. We will not able to accept additional information or documentation in your local language if we send you an email request.
is there a way thru this mess or do i have to seek permission from mircsoft etc?
thanks in advance!

yeah video games are a tricky business when it comes to youtube. In the future it would be the best thing to not monetize and video game footage until you get partnered with a network, even after you put a commentary over it, it still can be very tricky.

As for seeking microsofts approval for this I think I recall something about microsoft allowing people to make videos with the games they published without any copyright violations. However I can not confirm that at this time, If I am wrong and you have been making money off these videos without any permissions from the publisher you could find yourself in a little trouble. Not trying to scare you since you are a smaller channel they probably won't sweat it, I just would not continue to monetize your videos until you are partnered with a network that will take care of all the legal stuff for you.

alright, thanks for the reply, i earned 3 bucks :mstickle: so far but i´ll guess i follow your advice and not monetize them until i get partnered!.... if i get...

Back