Music Need Singer/Singers

Scotty_Gunning

The one that wears the cardigans
Hey guys,

i'm currently in the process of writing an original song and was wondering if anybody would be interested in featuring as a singer/singers as I am terrible myself. It's a kind of upbeat pop song so if you think you would suit that style then let me know either through message on here, through Youtube or DM on twitter @scottagunning

Thanks,
Scott

My singing is quite soft and sweet-sounding.. and not very pop-ish.. =S but if you ever need a violin player, please let me know! :D I hope you find someone to sing!

My singing is quite soft and sweet-sounding.. and not very pop-ish.. =S but if you ever need a violin player, please let me know! :D I hope you find someone to sing!

Ah right ok, yeah i'll definitely let you know if I need a violin player, I would love to do a collaboration at some point

My voice isn't very pop-ish, but I could give it a go if you wanted?

Sorry for the late reply been really busy recently, anyway maybe you would be better singing on a different track? My song on soundcloud called Eclipse is one that I want to put lyrics to so if you give it a listen and think you could write lyrics for it then that would be great, thanks. :) p.s if you both wanted to work on it together then that would also be great :)

soundcloud.com/scottagunning/eclipse-free-download

It sounds really awesome! =D I just made up a rough-draft melody idea for the first half (using my violin..I can't improv melodies with my voice as well as I can with a violin..lol..kind of weird..). I kept in mind that it's for singing, so I tried to keep the melody basic, catchy, and a bit repetitive.. I'm not exactly sure if it's in the realm of what you were going for, but I'll try to record it and post it somewhere so you can listen to it. I got a bit stuck about what to do at the C-scale part (aside from holding a C.. : P ), but I guess we'll cross that bridge a bit later. The second half seems to have more energy, so I feel like something needs to "build up" to it..

I'm not sure about lyrics quite yet.... Maybe it could be a song about someone "being gone/leaving/brief?" I kept thinking that when I was listening to it. Did you have something in mind when you wrote it? Lyrics are hard... I always start trying to think of melodies first.. Those are easier for me.. : P

Last edited:
It sounds really awesome! =D I just made up a rough-draft melody idea for the first half (using my violin..I can't improv melodies with my voice as well as I can with a violin..lol..kind of weird..). I kept in mind that it's for singing, so I tried to keep the melody basic, catchy, and a bit repetitive.. I'm not exactly sure if it's in the realm of what you were going for, but I'll try to record it and post it somewhere so you can listen to it. I got a bit stuck about what to do at the C-scale part (aside from holding a C.. : P ), but I guess we'll cross that bridge a bit later. The second half seems to have more energy, so I feel like something needs to "build up" to it..

I'm not sure about lyrics quite yet.... Maybe it could be a song about someone "being gone/leaving/brief?" I kept thinking that when I was listening to it. Did you have something in mind when you wrote it? Lyrics are hard... I always start trying to think of melodies first.. Those are easier for me.. : P

That sounds brilliant, something simply and catchy was what I was aiming for :p I never really set out with anything in mind when I wrote it but a song about somebody leaving or something similar would be fine by me. If you wanted to record any violin over the top as well then I wouldn't have a problem with that. When you find somewhere to upload it let me know and i'll have a listen :)

Hi, I would love to do vocals for your track (if you are still looking) I have some covers on my channel if you wanna check out my voice first :) Looking forward to hearing from you

Back