Need people who want free promotion.

ChannelShowcase

I've just started a new YouTube project and we are looking to get as many Youtubers involved as possibly. I apologise in advance for the long message. I will go through most of the important things and answer questions that people want answered :)

It is a simple idea: Film trailers, but for YouTube channels.

Every channel can get the opportunity to upload a 30-34 second montage of their channel to the project. This evens the playing field for all content creators as everyone has the same length of time to get their content across to the viewer. With the videos being separated into categorical playlists (such as vlogging, animation, cooking, sketches, music), this makes it really simple for people to find new content which they find interesting. I am looking into the possibility of using Shows in the future, with Playlists within the Show acting as sub-directories/sub-genres (for example Music --> Rock / Pop / Classical / etc.)

I am really excited for the prospect of being able to search for new content easily on YouTube. If I want to find a new vlogger, I can simply click the "vlogging" playlist and I will be able to see content from 10-20 channels in the same time it would usually take to watch a whole video on YouTube. To make it really easy for viewers, I have included subscription annotations on the video which open in a new window. This means that a user can click the "subscribe" button to subscribe to the user they are currently watching and continue watching the playlist without losing their place.

I have put great thought into how ChannelShowcase can be optimised for user interaction. One of these ideas is the use of "Featured Playlists". This is a playlist which is set on auto-play on my channel's homepage. It is a 10 minute playlist (20 videos) hosted on ChannelShowcase. This playlist will change every fortnight (possibly every week if it gets popular) and the requirements will change (ie. most comments in a day/most views in a week/most likes in a weekend). Thanks to the insight tool, it is a very easy and reliable way to ensure that new YouTubers will get the same opportunities as the larger ones.

The 20 content creators who complete the task first will get featured on the playlist. This creates a new way for YouTubers to get found and ensures that those content creators who stay active within the ChannelShowcase community will be the first to hear about the featured playlists and will also have more chance of getting in the featured playlist.

I understand that this is a very ambitious project, however if we let other YouTubers know about ChannelShowcase, and people start telling their fans to find new content on there, then we can share each other's fan-base with other Youtubers, meaning that everyone grows.

I apologise again for the very long message, but feel free to ask any questions you might have about the project.
I will sum everything up again in bullet points in the next post :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1349740177,1349739970][/DOUBLEPOST]- Everyone gets 30-34 seconds to showcase their channel.

- Videos are put into playlists and annotations send viewers directly to your subscription page.

- These playlists make it easy for viewers to find new content, quickly and easily.

- The more YouTubers who join and share the project, the more viewers will search for content using the playlists.

- With more viewers searching for content using the playlists, you will have your content seen by loads of different people who may then subscribe to your channel.

Cheers :)

I've had a look at the form and on my laptop, the download link opens the image in a separate window ready to save.

The direct link to the watermark is:

img43.imageshack .us/img43/6482/channelshowcasewatermar.png

(delete the space between imageshack and the .us)

I am looking to see how the new invideo programming will work, as that may negate the need to use the watermark. But that is something I will look into tonight :)

Cheers :)

I've had a look at the form and on my laptop, the download link opens the image in a separate window ready to save.

The direct link to the watermark is:

img43.imageshack .us/img43/6482/channelshowcasewatermar.png

(delete the space between imageshack and the .us)

I am looking to see how the new invideo programming will work, as that may negate the need to use the watermark. But that is something I will look into tonight :)

OOOH I didn't read it right ._. I guess I need to register in imageshack HAHA. InVideo Programming sounds great too.

I've just added new Playlists and videos to the Channel Showcase project.

If you would like to get involved, the details are on the channel :)

Sweet, thanks for showing interest guys.

I just realised that it's getting far too hard to be found without resorting to dirty tactics, and even then Youtube is only interested in promoting those with the most views and not the best content. There are some amazing YouTubers I've seen who have submitted videos. I love the idea behind the Positive Mind Project and Screwball Crew. It's also nice to see 'Tubers produce a wide range of content like OhRandomRebecca who's video stuck out to me.

If you would like to submit a video, the link is on the channel :)

I'd also be very grateful if you could help share the idea with anyone you know who may have a YouTube channel :D

^ Yup, your video is still being processed but it should be up within the next half hour :)[DOUBLEPOST=1350171917,1350171324][/DOUBLEPOST]My internet is being a derp atm and isn't letting me upload - it keeps crashing. Nice cover of My Curse! I'll be sure to check out the rest of your videos.

It'll go up tomorrow morning, along with any other submissions I get :)

Back