Need help with networking! :)

SGTTangoGaming

YTtalk Mad
hey people what's up!.. SGTTangoGaming here, just wondering because I know its only been a little while since my channel started but nowadays its hard to get noticed.. e.g. its hard for people to find my channel..

How can I change this? how can I advertise my channel ? how/where/who to?

I really need to get my channel out there so my content can be shared to a bigger audience :D

help is much appreciated. p.s. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section im a noob!

-SGTTangoGaming-

hey people what's up!.. SGTTangoGaming here, just wondering because I know its only been a little while since my channel started but nowadays its hard to get noticed.. e.g. its hard for people to find my channel..

How can I change this? how can I advertise my channel ? how/where/who to?

I really need to get my channel out there so my content can be shared to a bigger audience :D

help is much appreciated. p.s. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section im a noob!

-SGTTangoGaming-
I would say quality content preferably hd and good audio will get noticed may take a while though and you can use like google adwords or virool i know you have heard about it the ad is broadcasted everywhere and welcome to the forum new member hope you are liking the forum:)

Hello there! The best thing to do is to collaborate with other, similar channels. Find gaming channels of a similar size. That way you are exposed to their viewers, as they are exposed to yours. Also if you regularly make long commentaries, it may benefit you to make a fun, one minute video once in a while that is more accessible to the main public. If you do this, submitting to reddit can also be helpful. I know a guy who submitted a couple of videos to reddit and gained over 10,000 subscribers and over 150,000 views.

But in the end, it will be an uphill battle. The world of gaming is a very crowded market. Normally the best way to get attention on a gaming channel is to already have a popular channel of some other genre, then ask your audience to move over to the gaming channel. Besides that, there's little hope. :(

Thanks a lot man :D ive got good content in my opinion and its clear as day HD so im sorted with that, people keep saying Ill get noticed in time but will I?.. because what are the odds of someone finding my channel haha :p[DOUBLEPOST=1365173942,1365173828][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks dude, well ima keep going anyway this is an amazing hobby to keep up and ill get noticed no matter how long it takes :p

Good content, good quality; great!

Make sure you have good tags, keywords and metadata. Incorporate your videos in responses, forums, e-mails, etc. Create backlinks to your channel; engage with other partners in similar industry and keep on producing. The more you have the better shot at being discovered. I get most of my views from Google; the algorithm mixed with positive reviews and shares boosted my "SEO" organically for example; again its the content quality and proper tagging which helps organic view gaining.

My friend does something else; I may try. Google "Google Alerts" and create a Google alert for a keyword your video is about; Google will send you every night an alert containing any blogs, forums, discussions that mention your keyword; you can than comment and look for distribution sources on those sites; its really clever way of "white spam" but he has over 1,000,000 views because he's spamming good content. Just a thought for you.

You never want to use dirty spam tricks; you can lose credit and gain even less views. Engage your audience properly to keep them coming, ask them to share, thank them, etc. Most of all keep on producing great content and be patient, and you'll be good.

Thanks a lot :D! you have really helped, some very good points there that I will take in to account! I love doing what I do and will carry on :D thanks a bunch :D

Connecting with other YouTubers here is a really good first step. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful and will help push you up the large hill of getting noticed! Keep working at it and don't give up even if it's a long process

When you find the answer, let us know. I joke. I joke. I agree with ForeverAlonePrick about the collaborations, but I've never had much luck with reddit. Here's a few monre ideas, dig in to the stickys at the top of this thread. There is tons of good info there. Also, make sure your SEO is completely in order, do the twitter thing, the facebook thing, and gaming forums, blogs and website thing. Get intrenched in real communities without bugging people to "check out my channel" let them want to know more about you by being a part of their communities, and they will go to your channel on their own (click your name on forum post). I always say go "local". Go to gaming events and stores and hand out cards or flyers with your channel info, always wear a tee shirt with your channel info on it. Host contest, local and online to get some buzz going. Try and cop an interview with other gamers who don't have time to do a full on collab. I'm thirsty now. I'm going to have a beverage. Good luck with your channel. :)

Consistency is key as well. Make sure you release videos in a timely fashion. Creating a schedule of posting videos, even if it's not listed for people to see, can create subconscious habits in your viewership.

Back