Request Need help with a sound effect

Surreal469

I'm working on a video and the PERFECT sound effect is one I can't name so I can find it. I think it was used on old computer games but I can't figure out the title so I can find it. Any help is appreciated.

youtu.be ghxVVb3qCe0

(delete the space)

Are you able to give any other details about it? Like, is it associated with a specific or genre of games?

I remember associating it with beating a game or level on old school (95 or earlier) Mac computers. Though it could've been on PCs as well. The games would be basic stuff like whatever came with the entertainment pack. I believe it started with a quick cymbal then horn fanfare then a kind of wah wah button at the end.

I'm working on a video and the PERFECT sound effect is one I can't name so I can find it. I think it was used on old computer games but I can't figure out the title so I can find it. Any help is appreciated.

youtu.be ghxVVb3qCe0

(delete the space)

@Surreal469

Hey, I listened to your video and the first thing that comes to mind is the organ playing in a baseball game when something good happens lol. Do you know what I mean? I'm not American but whenever I watch a clip of baseball on TV, that sound always amused me as being very "old school".

I believe I have also heard it in ice hockey games.

I've just done some digging and there are lots of different organ tunes played during baseball / hockey so you might have to trawl the internet a bit. Here are some I found:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/stadium-organ-sounds/id610238718 (check out number 6 "Organ Scale Chant" - The last few seconds matches your description maybe ?)

@Surreal469

Hey, I listened to your video and the first thing that comes to mind is the organ playing in a baseball game when something good happens lol. Do you know what I mean? I'm not American but whenever I watch a clip of baseball on TV, that sound always amused me as being very "old school".

I believe I have also heard it in ice hockey games.

I've just done some digging and there are lots of different organ tunes played during baseball / hockey so you might have to trawl the internet a bit. Here are some I found:

(check out number 6 "Organ Scale Chant" - The last few seconds matches your description maybe ?)

I appreciate it. I'm looking for a horn or trumpet, though

Back