Need advice

Creeforple

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone i hope im posting this in the right thread, but i am here for advice and help with youtube

I am a new channel i have recorded and edited multiple videos but i always hit the same roadblock, my anxiety, i am extremely anxious about my voice and always have been, i got a new microphone (a blue snowball) but always hate my voice, i always have fun in my videos i laugh make jokes and always think its a good recording, but then when i listen to the recording i feel anxious, i dont know what it is but when i record i feel like i sound fine and then i hate my voice when im editing, it could just be my anxiety, but i was wondering what i should do, i love recording and having fun and have had a few people love my videos, but as time has gone on ive been deleting more and more, does anyone know what i can do?

Thanks creeforple

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
This is a common problem - it's not unusual to be self-conscious about your voice, many people are.

You should always give your viewers the chance to judge for themselves though. YouTube is a platform that is full of surprises; there are creators that I can not stand that are hugely popular with millions of subscribers, content that I find mind numbingly boring that have tens of millions of views...it just shows that I can't judge what other people may enjoy. And neither can you.

Keep creating, keep striving to improve your content, and don't be put off by your voice just because you don't like the sound of it. Thousands of other people will probably love it.

The link to your channel doesn't work by the way...so I have no idea what your voice sounds like!

Reactions: videoeditgr

PartTimePete

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hello everyone i hope im posting this in the right thread, but i am here for advice and help with youtube

I am a new channel i have recorded and edited multiple videos but i always hit the same roadblock, my anxiety, i am extremely anxious about my voice and always have been, i got a new microphone (a blue snowball) but always hate my voice, i always have fun in my videos i laugh make jokes and always think its a good recording, but then when i listen to the recording i feel anxious, i dont know what it is but when i record i feel like i sound fine and then i hate my voice when im editing, it could just be my anxiety, but i was wondering what i should do, i love recording and having fun and have had a few people love my videos, but as time has gone on ive been deleting more and more, does anyone know what i can do?

Thanks creeforple

Hi creeforple,

I have the same issue with not liking my own voice at all. It's tough when of course it can be a big part of a YouTube channel.

I've had to push myself out of my comfort zone sometimes to push myself forward. The best advice I can give is - the more you do something the more natural it becomes.
Just keep at it. Try to look past your voice and at the content you're creating and hopefully it will start getting better and better.

Good Luck!!

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Exactly the same here regarding my voice... it's just that everyone around you hears your voice like it is in the videos.
You are the only human on the whole planet hearing your voice like yourself when speaking. Everyone else hears it like in your videos' voiceover/narration.
I also have a hard time coping with this fact everytime I VO one of my screencasts, it's still horrible for me everytime, although I even use an audio processing plug-in (iZotope Nectar) for making my voice sound a bit more full.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don’t sweat it. EVERYONE feels this way. Even famous actors and musicians. EVERYONE.

For your entire life, you’ve only heard your voice from within your own head. It’s a hard exercise, but you just have to convince yourself that everyone in the whole world who has ever heard you speak for your entire life has heard your voice the way you suddenly now hear it on a recording, and people know you and love you and talk to you every day. It doesn’t bother them one bit. It’s a hard switch to make in your own brain, I realize. But just know that you are LITERALLY the ONLY person that thinks it sounds weird. Everyone else just thinks it’s your voice. :)

You’ll probably get over it with time as you film and edit more, or, maybe you won’t! As I said, MANY famous musicians despise hearing themselves talk or sing on a recording. It’s just human nature. Good luck, friend! I’m sure you sound great!