Need advice on building a style of video.

Johnny Rhodess

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build a series of motocross videos. Here are the basic features -

-Motocross videos nicely edited together. (sourced from insta.)
-Showing off the insta address in each video.
-Intro and exit logo.
-About 3 minutes in length.

My plan is to pay for the project and have it outsourced. Id like to learn how to do it myself but I just don't have the time yet.

Some questions please:

How many hours would it take to build a video such as the one above roughly?
Could I expect to properly outsource the video research side as well or is that too much to ask for?
Does this particular video have a style name? (Promo?) So I know what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys. Great forum too btw.

Hmm. Impossible to say how long per video. I spent maybe 50+ hours making my last 6ish minute finished video.. Including shooting the raw footage, editing, script writing, audio editing.
Unsure exactly what you mean about outsourcing but as for the type of video your making.. just make sure you read ALL the youtube terms of service and make sure your fully compliant, go by the book! their.. not by opinion of anyone else.

One part of your plan I can flag up a NO Go straight away. All noobs (me too for ages insist on making a intro/outro). This will cost you dearly!! It took me a long time to learn that the only person that likes those are the ones that make em. Remember the video is not for you its for youtube audience.. having a viewer repellant at begging of all videos will look like this on your watch time:
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 17.23.04.png In the 1990s when their was no choice, no internet to speak of, and no on demand tv you might just have to be forced to watch an intro on your fave tv programme. How many time have you been near cutting your wrists forced to watch friends intro? You won't get away with it on youtube .. people will hit the X in milliseconds. If you watch a lot of the most sucessful youtubers you will see they don't have intro.. They get straight into the content/discussion Bam straight of, and sometimes end abruptly too all for better %watch time retention. You can always tell a newbie by the pants intro at the beginning of every video that no1 likes except them.

Also i don't suggest 'sourcing' 'editing together' stuff from anywhere unless you were the content creator. Again read up of YTs term of service and copyright etc. Lern about IP especially. And ask are you adding any value if your recyling someones hard work? I think YT are cracking down on compilation videos etc. Not sure if thats what you meant though. So far your post reads like you want to use footage you ain't made, get someone else to edit it for you, and contribute well? i dunno.

Its a good topic you have chosen. Get out and film some content with your moby and share your interest. Your enthusiasm for the topic will come out in the content you make that way. Good look dude

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build a series of motocross videos. Here are the basic features -

-Motocross videos nicely edited together. (sourced from insta.)
-Showing off the insta address in each video.
-Intro and exit logo.
-About 3 minutes in length.

So you're going to steal videos from instagram and then reupload them to Youtube? You do realise that that's an infringement of copyright and displaying the instagram address doesn't change that?

lol admin lady.. no not stealing. I have permission from all the insta publishers.

Good point about the intro.. I'll remove it from my plan.

Thanks for the help guys.

Lol Crown from this point on you are officially a lady. You can call me a lady too if it makes you feel better

No probs OP. Shout out if you need anything else

So you're going to steal videos from instagram and then reupload them to Youtube? You do realise that that's an infringement of copyright and displaying the instagram address doesn't change that?

How is that copyright infringement? If you take a look at the channel VVC and his video "Street Racing , Drifting and Police Fail & Win Compilation" which has 9M views you can see it's pretty much what the OP wants to do.

That Compilation video even has ads, I'm not saying he's a YouTube partner, maybe ad revenue is going to the @people in their video or someone else. I wanna think he asked permission for uploading those videos, but I'm starting to think compilation videos are not really "copy right claimed" as frequent as if it was a movie/picture/animation/song but hey, I'm no expert.. I just don't understand compilation channels but I'm really curious to learn more about them, specially since I saw the videos about YouTube "What is considered Fair use and all their examples" and I don't think Compilation will be considered a Remix : youtube.com/intl/en-GB/yt/about/copyright/fair-use/

I guess the same rule can apply to the Motocross future channel of Jhonny... Maybe I can download his compilation, change some stuff and upload it to a new channel... Does he really have the right for every video he posts online even if he has permission? To me,, That's the reason I will put a Logo or Intro to your videos as I do by adding an Overlay/Intro to every video I upload. Really curious to know if compilations channels are "protected"

Ha ha UhoohExtra. I just figured that anyone that uses a Corgi with a crown on its head as an avatar has to be a lady. I guess we are all assuming things now.

Gamevestment its a grey area that nobody seems to have a definitive answer on, but common sense tells me that if I use somebody else's content without asking them first, then I would be on the wrong side of copyright law. There are heaps of compilation videos on youtube and some have permission while others don't. If youtube were to crack down on compilation videos, I bet it would be those that got the permissions that would remain on while the others got wiped. Just a theory but I'm going with it.

Ha ha UhoohExtra. I just figured that anyone that uses a Corgi with a crown on its head as an avatar has to be a lady. I guess we are all assuming things now.

Gamevestment its a grey area that nobody seems to have a definitive answer on, but common sense tells me that if I use somebody else's content without asking them first, then I would be on the wrong side of copyright law. There are heaps of compilation videos on youtube and some have permission while others don't. If youtube were to crack down on compilation videos, I bet it would be those that got the permissions that would remain on while the others got wiped. Just a theory but I'm going with it.

Yeah cause it's really a grey are. As a gaming channel, I see a lot of compilation videos of twitch streamers just mash up together without any transformative work. These big channels now have 100K+ subs and ads on their videos. I would be surprised that ALL the streamers in those videos gave their permission, or maybe one or two are smart enough to claim the revenue from them. Really interesting topic in my opinion, also as gaming channels is hard to have YouTube Content ID unless showing your face during a gameplay gives you that right.

Back