Need a Video taken down that wrongly depicts my 'Branding'. Help?

Sieory

So there's this video that was posted back in 2011 of my awkward teen years in a dumb chat game. It shows up when I search my username. It holds what I feel to be inappropriate to how I want to portray myself and branding today. I want to start up my channel but I need this video taken down. I was about to send a privacy complaint but it seems I'm only able to do so if it shows my full name or face or any other info like that. I don't want to contact this person for reasons, And even if I were to ask them to take down, they either would not do it, or just re-upload it to get to me lol. Any ideas on how I can get this down?

You can try to issue a copyright strike with the reason that you are the author of the text written and copyright protects written works. But nothing stops the user reuploading the video.
In your situation the only way I see it that you can prevent the video from appearing back again after reuploadining is to have it put in CMS and placed worldwide block or immediate takedown of this particular video.

I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. 2011 was 6 years ago. People would be ridiculously to not realize you've grown and changed as a person since then. Not only that, but if it doesn't show your name or face, who's to say that's not just someone impersonating to be you? How would a viewer know that person is you, other than just because you have the same username? I don't think a copyright strike is going to help you. You were in a chat game that's available to the public. A general rule is that people in public places must assume they might be photographed or recorded, particularly if they are officials carrying out their public duties. You were in a public online game and were open to being recorded. They recorded what they could easily see or hear in this public place, which is completely legal.

It sounds like you gave consent at the time for the video to be made and uploaded, so don't file a copyright or privacy report. That would not be cool.

So long as the video doesn't come up when someone does a search for your real name then you should just let it go. I'm guessing the person's channel isn't huge and the video doesn't get many views so nobody is ever going to see that video and link it to you. Nobody that matters anyway. Just drop it.

Back