My Youtube Avatar won't show up

Trixie

I changed my Google+ avatar but my Youtube avatar won't update after 12 hours. It said it would only take a "few minutes"...So I googled this and it said I either need to disconnect my Google+ account or empty my cookies and stuff. I don't want to do either of these things...Can I go to a public library and log into my Youtube account? Would that fix my avatar?

Why won't you try disconnecting your Google+ account and put it back later?

I didn't want to, because I was afraid I couldn't get it back if I disconnected it. Youtube has a habit of making your decisions permanent...also I read someone once did that and once they connected their account again their avatar disappeared.

I didn't want to, because I was afraid I couldn't get it back if I disconnected it. Youtube has a habit of making your decisions permanent...also I read someone once did that and once they connected their account again their avatar disappeared.
I did it several times in a row when I wanted a special title for my YouTube account that hadn't a first name/last name construction, and had to link it to a Google+ page (not a Google+ account, a kind of fan page). I had some trouble to do it, because I had to link this page to my main Google+ account before, but disconnecting my Google+ account a lot of times never went wrong.

Empting your cookies would help. I would try doing it in multiple ways, try a random smaller file to make sure its a Google Plus thing.

Its stuff like this that makes the intergration so annoying!

Well, it appeared for some reason, after I watched one of my videos. I wonder why it did that, or if it had anything to do with watching one of my videos. Fate, I guess.

Back