Hello, I am here to talk about a short film I have been wanting to create for quite a while. This will not be on the channel linked to this account, and I won't promote it since that is not allowed. I just want an opinion on the concept.
The video is about a guy who has found a gateway to other universes (parallel universes). In a prequel that may come after this film, it will explain how he came across this gateway. Each universe is similar to our own, but slightly different. When one universe is in danger, he simply goes to another dimension, and acts like nothing happened (this is the whole concept). However, most of these universes were destroyed by his own doing because of his carelessness. This story is no different.
The dimension jumper is in a forest where he jumped last enjoying the scenery. He hears a voice in the backpack(That is where he jumps from.) A whisper. He writes a note in a notebook, and drops it in the backpack. The note comes back. It explains who the person is and how he was stuck in between universes. The dimension jumper then tries to help him by tying a rope over two universes, so that the person can climb up. He believes that this person may know secrets about unlocking other universes. The character in stuck between dimensions was actually put there on purpose. He almost kills the dimension jumper, and starts to ruin the world. The dimension jumper runs to the backpack and runs quickly away. He then goes back to enjoying the forest as if nothing happened.

It's an interesting concept? I dunno, the explanation is a little jumbled. Maybe work on a script and see how the dialogue or imagery turns out.

It sounds interesting. I would check it out when your done. But ya best thing i think would get it written up and start recording it and preview it as you go and tweak the scenes to your vision.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

It is more clear in my head. I couldn't explain it right here.
If you can't write a synopsis for an idea that's concise and clear, then I'd say you need to develop the idea from ground level some more before trying to explain it. I know from experience. I've had plenty of ideas that seemed clear in my head, but upon trying to tell someone about them, suddenly realized that it wasn't as well rounded as I'd thought.

This story is no different.
Then why would a prequel be necessary? To be honest this all sounds like one contained story. Maybe, for example; establish the fact that this guy is escaping each universe as they start to collapse, then make it a reveal in the final act that he's the reason they're being destroyed. Would make the fact that he's just chilling in a forest after destroying an entire universe have some weight.

Anyway, that's my two cents, man. Take it as you will. I think you've got the core of the idea there, just needs refining.

Like the others said, as well. You have to try to put it on paper, so you know if it makes sense to an outsider. That is the hard part, but it is possible with clear script writing, for each scene, and then linking them in the ende. good luck

If you can't write a synopsis for an idea that's concise and clear, then I'd say you need to develop the idea from ground level some more before trying to explain it. I know from experience. I've had plenty of ideas that seemed clear in my head, but upon trying to tell someone about them, suddenly realized that it wasn't as well rounded as I'd thought.

Then why would a prequel be necessary? To be honest this all sounds like one contained story. Maybe, for example; establish the fact that this guy is escaping each universe as they start to collapse, then make it a reveal in the final act that he's the reason they're being destroyed. Would make the fact that he's just chilling in a forest after destroying an entire universe have some weight.

Anyway, that's my two cents, man. Take it as you will. I think you've got the core of the idea there, just needs refining.
I have an entire story already written out. I just did not explain it clearly here. The story is nother different as it is the same concept as this one, but with great explanations.

Back