My Name Is Shaw. No, really. Reviews?

Shaw

So, I've started putting up some entertaining/vlog material but I'm definitely looking for some constructive criticism, promotion and stuff like that. It would be awesome if someone could help me out with my channel design and what to have on there and also with the content that I post etc.
My username is wherever it should be under my personal details and this will be my first post so I can't give the link yet...
Hope you can help :)

I watched your, "How to: Not to get a girlfriend." I grinned by reading your title before I even watched your video. A great start already. Definitely a catchy title! The content of your video is brilliant. It's so simple... you have no special effects, no multi-scenes... just you, your room, and your words. I got to say, what you say is quite creative. It's not over-done. It's not overly stupid. It's actually good humour! I laughed when you said, "Beware the heartbeat!" and "Get to know the person before you actually get in the person". HAHA! I'm amazed as to how humorous that video was considering your voice is almost monotone.

Your content is definitely gold. However, your video needs work. Stay away from the 4:3 screen ratio if you can and try to get HD. You have a unique sense of humour where total goofiness is not needed. You have a calm demeanour, yet, you are quite funny. I believe your wittiness will gain you views and subscribers. Illuminate your talent through better video quality and edits. Also, add a song in the background. It'll definitely elevate the quality of your video. There are many royalty free ones out there (such as Kevin Macleod). Not much more to say. I look forward to your future videos!

Hey maskrap, thanks, that's pretty quality advice. I'd love to upgrade the visual quality of my videos but I'm running on a laptop that's falling apart and literally switches off if I record in anything higher than 480p (terrifying but true) And I'm just getting to grips with video editing, I only managed to get an editing program last week so I'm not super experienced but I guess practice makes perfect :)

I have been told many a time that my voice is incredibly monotonous and I definitely acknowledge the fact that I sound like a robot or something, so I'm trying to work on that :p
I do get a little confused about the royalty/licensing laws on songs and I'd love to have a soundtrack going on during my videos, but I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to monetise my videos if I did that, if it's royalty free, would it still be possible to monetise under a creative commons license?

Thank you very much, it's awesome to see that someone likes my material and thanks for the tips :)

Hey maskrap, thanks, that's pretty quality advice. I'd love to upgrade the visual quality of my videos but I'm running on a laptop that's falling apart and literally switches off if I record in anything higher than 480p (terrifying but true) And I'm just getting to grips with video editing, I only managed to get an editing program last week so I'm not super experienced but I guess practice makes perfect :)

I have been told many a time that my voice is incredibly monotonous and I definitely acknowledge the fact that I sound like a robot or something, so I'm trying to work on that :p
I do get a little confused about the royalty/licensing laws on songs and I'd love to have a soundtrack going on during my videos, but I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to monetise my videos if I did that, if it's royalty free, would it still be possible to monetise under a creative commons license?

Thank you very much, it's awesome to see that someone likes my material and thanks for the tips :)
Royalty free usually means you're good for monetizing your videos. :)

Back