My most popular video got blocked Worldwide!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
I noticed earlier this morning that my most popular video (which has gotten over 34K views, which is a lot by my standards) got blocked worldwide.
The video was a fancam video of a song by Babymetal (the song itself Were Road to Resistance) and it got blocked by Amuse Inc, the company that manages Babymetal.
I find it weird that they now block it, since it has been up for over 4 months. It did also happen over night, since I did see someone making a comment on the video 12 hours ago, when I´m posting the thread.

This sucks so bad, since the video has over 1/6 of my total views!
I have disputed the claim!

Even though it´s a fan cam video from very far away?

Audio bots don't really recognize framing and distance... :p :D

You can always, upload to vimeo and keep a copy posted in your site as a page or post. But still is copyright infrigment... I have seen wordpress blogs going down for this reason...

I do get it if it gets copyright claimed, They have every right to claim it!
But getting one (of at least 7 videos) blocked worldwide is weird though! I guess it would be because the videos almost had the whole song compared to the others!

@TheSwedishTraveler
I'm very sorry to tell you that fancam videos are receiving takedown level strikes; as well as blocks and claims more often under the new YouTube regime.

This may well have to do with the newly passed EU Article 13; and you should not have disputed the claim. Your most likely result will be a rejection of the dispute. If you do get it (rejected dispute), please don't try to appeal as the way things are today, you will receive a copyright strike resulting in a takedown of the video.

If you have other fancam videos, may I suggest you remove them ASAP before they cause you even more problems?

Last edited:
It is just one, so far. While other have gotten copyright claim (which is fair, and won´t challenge them) I find it weird that just that one get´s blocked.
From what I can see, they may have passed article 13, but it hasn´t gone inte effect yet, so I don´t think that has any effect yet!

It is just one, so far. While other have gotten copyright claim (which is fair, and won´t challenge them) I find it weird that just that one get´s blocked.
From what I can see, they may have passed article 13, but it hasn´t gone inte effect yet, so I don´t think that has any effect yet!
Remember that a rights owner can change policy on a moment's notice on YouTube's Content ID system; so what only got a claim in the past can suddenly be taken down with a full copyright strike on that same video at a later date.

Also, when have you ever seen a corporate giant (or other business entity) not set up proactive protection for itself ahead of a major law change?

My dispute got reject, and if I were to dispute it again, which would probably be rejected again, I would get a strike. So I don´t dare to dispute it again!
Which sucks, since I felt I was going somewhere with the channel! but I will continue with the channel!

Back