My channel lost 50,000 views overnight

Amsterdam Shallow Man

Hi,

So I'm more than a little confused as to why this would happen. I've never used any bots to get views of my videos. Only Facebook, Google Plus, and my website, so I've no idea how my channel has lost 50,000 views. The stats for the video remain the same as well, it's only the channel that has lost views. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

This is odd, as a new channel I watch it constantly and never see large spikes in views, so to wake and refresh and see it DROP by 182 views was kinda disheartening. Is there anything I can do? Does this happen to everyone? Seems odd.

I did a little googling and there's no way I watched any one of my videos more then 7-10 times in editing/annotations so idk how this would happen.

I lost some views last night too, maybe YT overall did something messy last night? I only lost a little cause it's a new channel, but still.

I lost some views last night too, maybe YT overall did something messy last night? I only lost a little cause it's a new channel, but still.
Hi, thanks for sharing that with me. It does seem strange that I'd love so many channel views and yet my video views remain the same. Also analytics shows 283,000 views while the channel shows 222,000 so something odd is going on.

Oh that is interesting, my analytics also show those lost views as still there. I suppose you could post on the youtube help forums. I did also.

I think someone had used bot views on your channel, so YouTube has removed it. You should try to contact YouTube anyway. Analytics take sometime to update itself, but your channel views have been officially updated.

Sometimes, YouTube makes adjustments, as spammers may have been on one of your videos. Generally, it washes out, and you'll see adjustments in the other direction, as well. Don't panic! It's going to be okay!!

What avenue should I use to contant youtube? And why would someone use a bot to view a new channel? I have no friends who would do that etc.

Back