My audience drops like flies in the first seconds :(

elPepin

Liking YTtalk
Okay, my video contents are crappy for the most part, I am not the youngest or the most beautiful and I have an accent. But as soon as I show my face and open my mouth people drop me like a hot potato before I can even present the content. So I've concluded, the problem is how I am projecting myself. What do you think, what could I potentially improve? Should I just give up?

Never give up! If you, as a creator, think your content is bad, what will your audience think?

There are many posts around this website about engaging viewers. The first piece of advice I give is to make content you enjoy - both creating and watching. I love dry, deadpan humour and anecdotes/stories of events and also advice videos, so I recreate those with content I like :)

You need to think about what you want people to associate your channel, PepinsSpot, with. Your 'branding'. Is it going to be reviews, like your recent videos?

Once you've figured out what your brand is, you can truly start developing your channel. One thing to bear in mind with openings - get to the point. Maybe a question directed to the audience? I.e. 'That season premiere was awesome, wasn't it?'. You need to engage with your audience. Treat it like an overly enthusiastic conversation and encourage discussion! :)

I hope this helped you a little

Yeh looks like you don't promote much. Ask some questions on reddit, fb groups, google+ groups, there must be some gay forums? The more you share your stuff the more views you will get, there may be some abuse along with it, but everyone gets that posting on reddit etc. :cool:

Okay, my video contents are crappy for the most part, I am not the youngest or the most beautiful and I have an accent. But as soon as I show my face and open my mouth people drop me like a hot potato before I can even present the content. So I've concluded, the problem is how I am projecting myself. What do you think, what could I potentially improve? Should I just give up?
I think most people's audience retention drops right at the start, dramatically or a little bit. Remember just cos they click off it doesn't mean they thought u were boring; they might of accidently click on ur video in the suggested tab, they saw another video that interested them in the suggested tab... but if u think the content isn't good you should look into what you are doing wrong :)

I just watched a few of your videos and I don't see the flaws that you talk about yourself. I would attribute the drop in audience to low number of views, when a viewer sees a commentator/vlogger/youtuber with fewer views they generally turn away from the video due to lack of "respect" for it. Pretty much they don't care about your video because it has not been proven effective. To most of the people who you say "drop off" it is because they see someone, standing in front of a green screen like so many others do, talking about stuff that many others talk about. They see a copy with no views and they think at least subconsciously "Why would I watch this when I can watch that other thing that is proven effective". There is nothing there to keep them interested. Well, there is, just they don't notice it because they click away. I think you need to ask yourself "Does my channel bring anything new to the table, if you answer honestly with a yes, Then work on that, separate yourself from the others. If your answer is no then take some time to try to find something that can differentiate you from the rest. I think it will help a lot.

On another note, good job on the videos and keep up the work.

Its nothing against you, but generally people are there to see the content and not the person introducing it. Maybe try a different way to do the intro that way right away your viewers will be interested to continue and wattch

Back