Request Musician Advice

I won't go off topic but here's a song I made with vst's and soundfonts combined Newgrounds> /audio/listen/566109 It's not at all scratchy though...

I won't go off topic but here's a song I made with vst's and soundfonts combined Newgrounds> /audio/listen/566109 It's not at all scratchy though...
though it may not be scratchy, it isn't very pleasant to listen too. but I would not say it's entirely your fault.

you seem to be using some very below-par soundfonts.
I know there are good ones out there.
also, your drums are quite overpowering which isn't a great thing, try to mix up the beat too, or add some hihats.
melody-wise, it's a bit grim and simplistic, but that's understandable for a beginner.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/566220

here is a song I made, it gives a good example of drums and soundfonts used correctly. that piano is a soundfont. though the song needs mastering work.

The mojo is lost here only jack hammers and cement remain...I listened like an elephant but I didn't feel the soft judgement only heavy criticism that cut me senseless :I

The mojo is lost here only jack hammers and cement remain...I listened like an elephant but I didn't feel the soft judgement only heavy criticism that cut me senseless :I
sorry dave, it's partly cause of my terrible mood yesterday.
I believe you can improve, but I felt like my attempts to help you didn't get thru, I know it's not easy listening to someone criticize music, I dealt with it too.

sorry dave, it's partly cause of my terrible mood yesterday.
I believe you can improve, but I felt like my attempts to help you didn't get thru, I know it's not easy listening to someone criticize music, I dealt with it too.
Now that's what I expected to hear :I ill keep that in mind.

If anyone wants to learn FL Studios or wants their music promoted check out my channel. Add my skype: relaxofficial and I can tell you what you need to start producing and to make real EDM music.

Back