Movie Studio screwed me over

i always used magix video delux and i only had once problems i was rendering a video about 2 hours/day 3 days str8 and at the last moment when i wanted to change the title it crashed on me i had to restart my pc bcuz nothing was working and then what do you know EVERITHNG WAS CORRUPT from the video file to the sound files to the effect files to everithing ... and thats the story why i never made a long serios video for youtube lol

Wow, that sucks. Never ever had it happen to me that my source footage became corrupted. Might want to consider using a different program to edit :eek:.

Well it's too late now is it? :D You probably learned from it by taking it a bit more seriously when it comes to making sure your stuff is safe. I originally work as a programer and I developed a habit that I press CTRL + S after like every 3 words or every line, since years ago it occurred to me that the tool I used crashed taking away just about 5 hours of work. Had to do it all over again, so yes I know how it feels.

Altho editors shouldn't mess around with source files, I mean seriously they shouldn't change them at all. If it somehow happens then it may just messed up the header of the video file which means that the video/audio data itself is uncorrupted but still restoring something like this to a usable form is a tough task.

Back