More Views, Less Likes?

Hey, I am a small YouTuber and I have 119 subscribers. I am terrible at promoting myself and getting myself out there, but recently I have been getting more views on videos than ever before - a video I made last Thursday is already at 97 views (that is quick for me) - but I am getting even less likes than I got when a video could only reach around 30 views. For a 30 views on a video I would get around 5-8 likes. And now even though I get a larger audience I get around 3. Is my content getting worse? Is it better to be getting views rather than likes? Also have you got any tips on promoting myself? (without annoying people - I always feel like I'm annoying people when I promote myself)

Thanks

Claire
LIYI :D

That's not good. Usually with larger audience more and more likes are coming. Check carefully if you didn't do something to alienate your followers. May be you changed significantly the nature of your videos recently?

That's not good. Usually with larger audience more and more likes are coming. Check carefully if you didn't do something to alienate your followers. May be you changed significantly the nature of your videos recently?

I have been making different videos (I have now started uploading interactive videos) but I upload them on a Tuesday and then I upload what I would normally on a Thursday so, I am making two videos a week now. So if people don't like my new content they can still enjoy the stuff I have been originally making. So maybe it does have something to do with it. But for this post I am focusing on the videos I have always uploaded (sketches, vlogs and creative things like that).

Better check audience retention, maybe those people where just passing by, don't make fast assumptions of your content quality :p

I checked my analytics they are so mixed, to try and pin point it :S[DOUBLEPOST=1414171101,1414171086][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks guys :)

Also have you got any tips on promoting myself? (without annoying people - I always feel like I'm annoying people when I promote myself)

You have to find the line between promotion and spamming. Here's how I like to define it, you find communities where your potential target audience would be, then you add quality to the community or group. Don't just spam your videos, but like in these forums, if you're active and are involved and adding quality people will be more likely to enjoy you being there and they will be more likely to check out your content.

You have to find the line between promotion and spamming. Here's how I like to define it, you find communities where your potential target audience would be, then you add quality to the community or group. Don't just spam your videos, but like in these forums, if you're active and are involved and adding quality people will be more likely to enjoy you being there and they will be more likely to check out your content.

Yeah, I always try post places where I am checking out other peoples content/active in other parts of the community like posting on forums etc. suppose once a channel gets momentum these things aren't an issue. But I doubt my problem will change soon.

Back