More than one channel?

Mysterialdyne

Dedicated Gamer & Juvenile Diabetes Activist
Is it a good strategy to have more than one channel at a time, like a blogging channel and a gaming channel but not have them connected until one is big enough say 5k subs on vlogging then be like I have a gaming channel check it out here. Is this a good idea to branch yourself out as much as possible to get noticed faster but by different people?

I was thinking of doing it and report back and make a helpful guide for it so you guys can try it out and report back. I'll do a weekly vloggi g channel about anything like ice cream and cute butts of 2012 or something random haha

It's better to have seprecate channels if the content is different.

Many people think having everything on one channel is better because you'll have twice the audience. But from my eom experience, it doesn't work that way.

When people subscribe to your channel, they are subscribing for certain content. (Vlogs, gaming, skits, etc). When you start throwing in other genres, chances are they don't want to watch that. That's not what they subscribed to, and they will most likely unsubscribe. Ive unsubscribed to many channels because they started uploading content that I wasn't interested in.

When I started my channel I was making vlogs. When I began to make gaming videos on the same channel, I started to loose subscribers pretty quickly. Those people who subscribed for vlogs did not want to watch gaming. Once I decided to create a new channel for my gaming, I stopped losing subscribers. They became more engaged with my gaming channel than on my vlog channel. It was a good move on my part.

It's better to have seprecate channels if the content is different.

Many people think having everything on one channel is better because you'll have twice the audience. But from my eom experience, it doesn't work that way.

When people subscribe to your channel, they are subscribing for certain content. (Vlogs, gaming, skits, etc). When you start throwing in other genres, chances are they don't want to watch that. That's not what they subscribed to, and they will most likely unsubscribe. Ive unsubscribed to many channels because they started uploading content that I wasn't interested in.

When I started my channel I was making vlogs. When I began to make gaming videos on the same channel, I started to loose subscribers pretty quickly. Those people who subscribed for vlogs did not want to watch gaming. Once I decided to create a new channel for my gaming, I stopped losing subscribers. They became more engaged with my gaming channel than on my vlog channel. It was a good move on my part.
exactly my thoughts. and is probably why i lose a sub here and there its because i focus mainly on minecraft now before i focused on minecraft and marvel heroes and i stopped marvel heroes, im putting league of legends on hold and bring it back when i get more subs for people to watch me play it, maybe turn it into a live stream kind of thing. but i know i should start a second chanel for vlogging even if the vloggs are gaming related because it will be me with a s****y camera, i have a 1080p camera but can be very shaky or something idk and i could lose subs which i want to prevent, of course the vlogging channel i got in mind has two purposes to have my thoughts and ideas on games and upcoming nerdy things like comic con, or dragon con. Then I will be doing funny skits of me being a freaking wacko which i am and have many serious hilarious issues with myself

If you want to post a variety of content, you should make sure your audience understands that you do that. I never felt the need to make multiple channels.
I put all my videos into playlists and that helps. I upload for the general audience, not necessarily to please my subscribers. Most of my views just come from people stumbling across my videos.

If you want to post a variety of content, you should make sure your audience understands that you do that. I never felt the need to make multiple channels.
I put all my videos into playlists and that helps. I upload for the general audience, not necessarily to please my subscribers. Most of my views just come from people stumbling across my videos.
well the vlogging isnt just gaming talk.. so if someone wanted to watch me blow up crap on minecraft then i upload like all week vlogs then people are going to be like wtf? unsub! rage /quit

Back