monetized by the copyright owner!

abbynia

Hi.

I have couple of videos on my other channel which are about basketball highlights, and I really just uploaded them to test something, and I was ready to get a copyright tackle, but there were no alerts or some sort of warns, they were just monetized for the copyright owner, (in my defense I had them from a source that does not fall under copyright rule, but they had some graphics of the original airing).

So now my question is can I put links in the descriptions or I will be unable to put links in the descriptions too?

If it is professional sports, the footage itself is copyrighted by whoever owns the exclusive rights to the games. It doesn't matter who filmed it, it's all owned by the copyright owner.

If it is professional sports, the footage itself is copyrighted by whoever owns the exclusive rights to the games. It doesn't matter who filmed it, it's all owned by the copyright owner.
So in my case that it is just monetized by the copyright owner, can I still put some sort of links in the description or that is also forbidden?

So in my case that it is just monetized by the copyright owner, can I still put some sort of links in the description or that is also forbidden?

It is a violation of YouTube's AUP to do anything aimed at taking people off of YouTube.

mmmmm I don't know... I always had some kind of affiliate links in my descriptions even before YouTube reviewed my channel and enabled monetisation. I also understand that we should not redirect people to other sites... kind of a grey area IMO. Hopefully someone else could bring us some light!

mmmmm I don't know... I always had some kind of affiliate links in my descriptions even before YouTube reviewed my channel and enabled monetisation. I also understand that we should not redirect people to other sites... kind of a grey area IMO. Hopefully someone else could bring us some light!

Affiliate links to places like Amazon are fine. Attempts to take people off of YouTube completely are not. Lots of people got booted off when they tried to direct people to their Twitch channels, for instance.

Back