Monetized but NOT Monetized?

Kaizahr

Loving YTtalk
So when I joined my network I was told that they were going to set up everything for me and I would only be responsible for monetizing future uploads. In the video manager I can see the green monetization button which means my videos were successfully monetized. I also checked one of my vids and there are ads on it. So I was a little confused when I was going though the settings on my channel I ended up on the Account settings tab> Overview and noticed under Advertisements there is an option to allow advertisements and NOT allow advertisements. I just noticed that my settings are set to "Do not display ads", should I turn it "on" or should I contact someone from my network and ask? I know ads are displayed in my vids so I'm confused why this is set to "Do not display advertisements" Any suggestions are appreciated.

Here is a pic:

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 10.37.42 AM.png

It's only for these advertisements:
Knipsel.PNG
It will not hurt anyone if you enable them.

Edit: I think :p

Last edited:
The ads that you enable there are not for monetisation purposes, but are for any videos in which you have copyrighted content, in order for the copyright owner to make ad revenue from it.

I did not know that. Thanks for the knowledge :)

Sorry I forgot the I think.
I don't really know why there would an option to disable ads in the settings.
I don't know if what I said was correct by the way, but that's what I always thought it was.

That's what I was told, what is it then?
Well first off, if you read what it says, it says:
screen-shot-2013-11-18-at-10-37-42-am-png.14065

"Ads will only be displayed for videos where you own all the right. Choosing this option will disable any monetization options that have been set for your videos".

Which throws out "but are for any videos in which you have copyrighted content, in order for the copyright owner to make ad revenue from it."

If you have copyrighted stuff in your videos you have ABSOLUTELY no say over if the copyright holder places ads on your video or not.

I really don't know why YouTube gives you this option. I mean, if you don't want your ads on your videos, then just don't enable monetization.

Back