Monetize videos?

Today a box at the top of my youtube keeps coming up, saying to 'monetize your videos and become a youtube partner today' and when I click it, it asks me to agree to the terms and conditions...I haven't done anything yet cus I'm not sure what agreeing will do. Does it mean that you are applied through and then they select you if they think you're good enough? Or does it automatically make you a partner? Because, as I'm sure you all can tell, I don't have THAT many views :S SOMEONE EXPLAIN! :)

Today a box at the top of my youtube keeps coming up, saying to 'monetize your videos and become a youtube partner today' and when I click it, it asks me to agree to the terms and conditions...I haven't done anything yet cus I'm not sure what agreeing will do. Does it mean that you are applied through and then they select you if they think you're good enough? Or does it automatically make you a partner? Because, as I'm sure you all can tell, I don't have THAT many views :S SOMEONE EXPLAIN! :)

This is the basic Partner plan that absolutely everyone is offered this days. All you need is a video. Even videos containing gaming will be offered this (as was I). But you have to make sure that the content is ALL yours before you monetize. If it is, accept, set up an AdSense and enjoy! :)

This isn't the FULL Partner setting (with the banner), you need a Network for that. But it's still quite cool cos you get custom thumbs and whatnot :)

I
This is the basic Partner plan that absolutely everyone is offered this days. All you need is a video. Even videos containing gaming will be offered this (as was I). But you have to make sure that the content is ALL yours before you monetize. If it is, accept, set up an AdSense and enjoy! :)

This isn't the FULL Partner setting (with the banner), you need a Network for that. But it's still quite cool cos you get custom thumbs and whatnot :)

Cool thank you very much! :)

I

Cool thank you very much! :)
If you ever want to consider going for full partnership i wouldn`t recommend signing up for this basic partnership.
As a network partnership can take 24-48 hours to get on a non-adsense enabled channel but 3-6 months on a adsense enabled channel, some networks don`t even except people with it enabled :)

I would suggest: "Don't do it"
By the time you have enough cash to get the amount deposited you will probably already have chosen to join a network.

If you ever want to consider going for full partnership i wouldn`t recommend signing up for this basic partnership.
As a network partnership can take 24-48 hours to get on a non-adsense enabled channel but 3-6 months on a adsense enabled channel, some networks don`t even except people with it enabled :)
I got accepted to Adsense quickly and was able to quit them just as quickly once I joined Creator X. You do get a bunch of extra features once you are partnered with a network that adsense doesn't offer.

I got accepted to Adsense quickly and was able to quit them just as quickly once I joined Creator X. You do get a bunch of extra features once you are partnered with a network that adsense doesn't offer.
so you didn't have a problem with the basic one and transferring?

so you didn't have a problem with the basic one and transferring?
Nope, I think Creator X switched off my monetization immediately after they received the contract info. It was instant for me and then I just had to re-claim my videos. To get my final payment from adsense will take about 90 days apparently, but I'm not dependant on it so it doesn't matter too much for me.

It's a trap!
If I were you I should wait to join a partner network. They will protect you against alot of things. because when someone click bombs you now, you will lose adsense and never become full partner ever again.

Back