Monetisation what next?

I think the OP just got adsense. since I was really slow on the uptake - I'll try to post my knowledge...
-you cannot monetize JUST gameplay (contrary to what others tell you, you CAN monetize gameplay commentaries and montages, as long as you have the rights to whatever you include in your video (there are good sites for royalty free music))
-of course do not expect to monetize someone else's work, in fact don't even upload it
-adsense will not pay out until your balance reaches $100 which WILL take forever. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT ADSENSE OR HAVE YOUR FRIENDS CLICK BOMB YOU! you WILL get banned!
-sometimes videos will sit on the considering monetization a long time, a good way to monetize your video INSTANTLY (I found) is this
-INstream ads vs INvideo ads: instream ads show as trailers BEFORE your video and invideo ads show as box on bottom of your video. people DO NOT like instream ads. in fact about 60-70% of people will exit out of the video when they see an ad before it. BUT they bring in much more $$$ then invideo ads. it's your choice.
-videos over 15 min in length (you will sometimes have to work toward this goal) will give you the option to insert midroll ads and post roll ads. post roll ads IMO are redundant. no one will watch them anyway. midroll ads are a good idea because you can then turn off those pesky PREroll ads that people hate. NOTE: there must be at least 7min between ads and you can insert as many of them as you like, if your video is long enough.

Thank you, that must have taken you ages to type up haha. I really appreciate the effort and information you provided to me! Once again thank you so much. Now I feel way more confident with adsense and partnership and all that.

Thank you, that must have taken you ages to type up haha. I really appreciate the effort and information you provided to me! Once again thank you so much. Now I feel way more confident with adsense and partnership and all that.
you're probably going thru same things, and noone thought to help me so I'm gonna help someone while I have the chance.

now partnership is interesting. it is the opposite of adsense. you get into a contract with the big boys like fullscreen, machinima, socialblade, pixelenemy, or what have you, and they help you get off adsense (you can't have both). they will only accept you if you have NO copyright content and certainly NO strikes. it does have benefits, partnership, though. they help you with targeting, more money, better ads, a theme (like BG, animation, avatar, what have you), and they have prelicensed music. this means that since they are the daughter company of like WB or whatever, they have the rights to use certain music. meaning you have the right to use same music in your montages or whatever without fear of a copyright claim. (obviously they take a cut off your earnings just like adsense does). but they make you famous too, so you get a lot more traffic and subscribers. obviously this means more money too...

Back