Mixing Video Types on same Channel???

count_teribil

I Love YTtalk
Hello ze peoples :devil: !!!

I would love to have your opinions/views on putting on the same channel videos from diferent "genres", for example I just started a gaming channel and since I play guitar, I would like to upload some cover songs also (using the same character: Count Teribil)...should I create a new channel for this?????

What do you think?

I would separate them. Unless you think your genre of music will fit well with the type of games you play, I'd avoid it like the plague :p

i would keep them on the same channel untill fans ask you not to. i personally dont really like having to switch between multiple channels of youtubers, but many others obviously dont mind

i would keep them on the same channel untill fans ask you not to. i personally dont really like having to switch between multiple channels of youtubers, but many others obviously dont mind
I am in the same boat as Jochem. I don't like switching channels.
Try putting them into separate playlists.
Make people aware you are adding a different genre of content so they are not blindsided and rage-unsub.
If they do end up complaining, then you should make another channel.
But try the stuff I said first :]

OH! many mixed replies...I confused! I am jump from tower!!!

But really: thanks for the advice, I stay tuned for more but I already have a couple of ideas rolling in my brain. Maybe for now I'll pospone the guitar videos to give my gaming videos time to grow and mature...

:devil:

separate them.. because if people subscribe to you for the game, i dont think they will watch the other videos.. or vice versa..
when i stated YT i was gonna upload buch of crap, then i started to upload tutorial. and i realized that one doesnt fit with the other one. so i deleted all my videos and keep the tutorial one and made another channel for the crap videos. lol

I think if can work, however your stuff better be fantastic to pull that type of thing off. I think a great idea is to go the route of cable TV and have a few types of videos, but centered around the same genre. :)

Friends...yes, I appreciate all you feedback! I have made a decision for the time being. I will stick for a while with Gaming videos and then or start a new Guitar channel if I have the time...or if not, just upload the VERY occassional video of the Count playing guitar...with some humor to it. All this once I have people who actually follow ze Count! hohoho

:devil:

Back