Misleading Video Titles, Tags, Descriptions on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
This is one of the things that I cannot stand on YouTube, when I search for a video, lets say Bioshock Infinite gameplay and I will find a video with a similar title only to find out that the video is completely unrelated.

I was wondering if anyone here bothers to flag videos for misleading text when they see things like this, I know I do because I dont see why an irrelevant video should get so many views when it is fooling YouTube viewers and playing the YouTube search engine.

For example say I wanted to watch Bioshock Infinite gameplay footage and I searched exactly that, Bioshock Infinite gameplay, I could get a top result with the video title as "Bioshock Infinite Gameplay - I like Bioshock", I click and view only to find out that the video is just someone discussing an older Bioshock saying that he likes the game. Things like that can really irk me when a video gets undeserved attention and when it is piggy backing on popular searches with no relevancy, I am not surprised at the masses of dislikes on such videos and a lot of them have them turned off.

What are your thoughts on this? Does this annoy you? Have you ever done this yourself to get more views? Do you flag them for being misleading? :)

It annoys me, and I flag them. Ive never done it and don't want to do it.

Speaking of it, it does not make me hate it all that much. Wasted 2 seconds of my life clicking on it, really. No effort or time lost really. It's just a bit annoying.

It annoys me, and I flag them. Ive never done it and don't want to do it.

Speaking of it, it does not make me hate it all that much. Wasted 2 seconds of my life clicking on it, really. No effort or time lost really. It's just a bit annoying.

But they have got exactly what they wanted from you and that's a video view counting towards their total upload views, do this with music videos or future games for example and you could delete them or retitle them at a later date and have an relevant video with millions of views making you appear more popular than you are, the attention really isnt deserved and I hope YouTube do something about misleading texts.

But they have got exactly what they wanted from you and that's a video view counting towards their total upload views, do this with music videos or future games for example and you could delete them or retitle them at a later date and have an relevant video with millions of views making you appear more popular than you are, the attention really isnt deserved and I hope YouTube do something about misleading texts.

You get a strike if your video gets picked up after flagging it for a false title. So it has to just make sure people are flagging as often and as soon as possible to get these people a strike as soon as possible, so they only get a few thousand views, and if they try it again, another strike. And if they try it again they'll be banned so they dont get far from it.

You get a strike if your video gets picked up after flagging it for a false title. So it has to just make sure people are flagging as often and as soon as possible to get these people a strike as soon as possible, so they only get a few thousand views, and if they try it again, another strike. And if they try it again they'll be banned so they dont get far from it.

Thats the sad reality of it, theres a few partners I know of doing this and still doing this without any of them being removed, surely people would have flagged them with them being a partner and being deceptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back