merch?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
at what point should you start thinking about offering merch? it seems to me that offering it too early would come off as cheesy. but it seems relatively easy to offer merch threw company's like teespring.

my channel is growing but still small at a bit over 3000 subsribers but I have been having a number of +50/+70 subscriber days lately and I do have a pretty good group of people that comment on almost every video. social blade predicts ill be over 20k subs in a year not sure I agree with the prediction but none the less. I don't think I am ready to offer merch yet but its got me thinking about at what point could I offer it without it coming off as cheesy? any thoughts or input on the topic?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's something that either comes natural or has to be planned. I think the 10K mark is a good time to start thinking about merch, or you can wait until either your fans start asking about it or when something comes natural. A good example of a combination of the latter two is Draw with Jazza. He has quite a few catchphrases and people in the comments started saying he should put it on a T shirt, so he did. His merch mostly consists of T shirts with quotes and prints of his art works, two things his fans have been asking about.

Reactions: Ezrider92356

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)