Matched Third Party Content :/

velocity

YTtalk Mad
So I just uploaded an Xbox 720 information video with Watch Dogs footage in the background.

I've just received a notice saying the video is owned by a third party. It seems they're not trying to take down the video or anything. Now my worry is that this will 1. affect me one day getting a partner ship with say Machinma 2. get me a copyright strike. I never plan to monetize the video so that's not a problem.

So, how is this going to affect me and is there going to be a problem? I've seen other youtubes use the exact same footage.

What will happen is THEY will monetise the video, so you can keep it up and they can earn from it. But you could be lamped with a strike at any moment they choose and without warning so your best bet is to just remove it. Even if you got into a partnership, it wouldn't protect you from that.

Well since Watch Dogs isn't out, you can't use that footage. You're best off taking the video down because they can still copyright strike it.

What about all the people using the BF4 footage? I used that on my old channel fine. It would be okay to replace it with that?

What about all the people using the BF4 footage? I used that on my old channel fine. It would be okay to replace it with that?
The only people who have BF4 footage are people invited by EA to an event and have explicit permission. Rule of thumb: Unless you were given handwritten and signed permission, don't upload before the street date.

The thing is, if you knew more about youtube before starting with youtube -> you wouldn't have this strike.

WTF...If you read...I don't have a strike, so if you read the topic you would know I don't have a strike. I've had a few channels over the years, I understand youtube. I've never uploaded no released game footage before ever so naturally have not had this problem.

Anyhow.

So, I guess the question, if I remove this video now and re-upload it with different footage I should be fine?[DOUBLEPOST=1366743362,1366742598][/DOUBLEPOST]Now I'm a little worried I have a strike...Do I or not? The video has been deleted.[DOUBLEPOST=1366745192][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody?

I also had '3rd party matched content' for a gaming video, although it was for songs that were actually in the game and qued with combat in the game I was recording :/ It said that my video was still playable and everything so I guess that means they are going to monetize it.

Back