Matched Third Party Content

Ishan Sardar

I've Got It
So I have this video of a game which has the status "Matched third-party content" maybe because of the music that was playing in a vehicle that I was driving in the game so you guys could say it was completely unintentional.

So now in the video status it says:

"San Andreas Multiplayer - Stunt Fails
Your video may include the following copyrighted content:
Acknowledged claims
"Marshall Jefferson-Move Your Body", sound recording administered by:
The Orchard Music"

"Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases, ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

This claim does not affect your account status.
I believe that this copyright claim is not valid"

So it says in the status that the video status can change which I want to do cuz I want to monetise that video but I don't have a clue how. Can anyone please guide me through it cuz when I go clicking the copyright claim a whole bunch of policies and links shows up and none of that makes much sense to me.

Thank you!!

Unfortunately you can't :(. Unless you have permission from the producer/ company you cannot make any money off that video.

um, i don't think you'll be able to. I have this on a few of my videos as well.
essentially, Youtube's ID system has identified some copyrighted material on your video. The owner of that copyright has decided that you can keep the video on and your status will not be affected, but any revenue gained from ads will go to the owner.

At least, this is my understanding of it, because I don't think I've recieved any money for my videos that match third party content.
When it says the status can change, that means if the owner wants his stuff to be removed, then he can do that, and your video will be removed. Once again, that's my understanding of it, so I may be wrong.

Yeah, if it has copyrighted music, you either have to leave it as is, reupload it with that music edited out, or just delete it altogether.

If you do not own the rights to any audio and etc make sure to say so. Because when I had monetization there was a sound playing in the background when I was walking and I did not pay any attention to it and monetization got taken away on one my Vlogs.

Back