Marketing with free stickers?

jnet

I Love YTtalk
Has anyone tried marketing their channel with free stickers? Would love to hear how it went. I am considering ordering a bunch for my new kids music channel, BunnykittenTV and I figured children love stickers! I'd hand them out to friends and family and ask local businesses if I can leave some with them, and even mail some out to viwers. Good idea?

I can't say for YouTube, but as a marketer, I can give you some insight into the idea from a business/brand point of view :)

Stickers are a nice short term gift for brand advocates. If you have enough brand advocates wearing stickers, more people may see your brand and talk about it, but this only works if you have a huge following, or your followers are all in similar, very niche circles that you want to be seen within.

It's not good however for growing direct response (revenue, subs etc) as it's not cost effective. But it can be a great way to delight your current following and make them even more of an advocate, which can only be a good thing. If it's cost effective and you're not expecting anything but that, then go for it. If you think it can grow your revenue or boost subs, probably not...

I can't say for YouTube, but as a marketer, I can give you some insight into the idea from a business/brand point of view :)

Stickers are a nice short term gift for brand advocates. If you have enough brand advocates wearing stickers, more people may see your brand and talk about it, but this only works if you have a huge following, or your followers are all in similar, very niche circles that you want to be seen within.

It's not good however for growing direct response (revenue, subs etc) as it's not cost effective. But it can be a great way to delight your current following and make them even more of an advocate, which can only be a good thing. If it's cost effective and you're not expecting anything but that, then go for it. If you think it can grow your revenue or boost subs, probably not...
Ok, thanks! Well I’m getting 2000 for about $50 so it’s not a huge investment but would you say that $50 could be made better use somewhere else? Like ads on what platform? My channel is for very young kids songs like nursery rhymes and baby music that sort of thing so I think my target is actually parents.

$50 doesn't go very far when it comes to direct response advertising, then again it depends on how much a sub is worth to you. I have run a YouTube ad experiment where I was getting a cost per earned subscriber of about £0.65 ($0.90) which isn't really that sustainable (for me anyway). if that number is sustainable to you, then with the right campaign setup, you could invest your marketing dollars there instead.

How will you distribute the stickers btw?

Back