Making Effective Use of Knowing More Than One Language?

LiamCreates

I've Got It
I have read online that one could expand his or her channel's global reach through subtitles, but I was wondering if it would be more effective if I created separate youtube videos in its own language. For example, I know both Japanese and English. What if I:

- Created Video A in english available worldwide
- Created Video A in Japanese but only available in Japan

Thoughts?

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

It'd be better to seperate out the 2 channels for each language otherwise only 50% of the videos would make any sense to your subs. They'd get frustrated at seeing a new video only to discover it's not for them.

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

It'd be better to seperate out the 2 channels for each language otherwise only 50% of the videos would make any sense to your subs. They'd get frustrated at seeing a new video only to discover it's not for them.

But what if those videos in another language were only available in certain countries? Won't they be invisible to most people?

But what if those videos in another language were only available in certain countries? Won't they be invisible to most people?

I'm not even sure if it's possible to do that. But even if it is, people travel and emigrate so not everyone speaks the same language in a country. Example, I live in France but I'm English. Also, what about the "about section" and the discussion page? You can't limit that by country. I think it'd be much better to separate them out. Good luck whatever you decide to do. :)

Back