Maker Stalling Me Into a Contract

Bardia

Hello there,
I hope someone on here can help me. I really want to leave Maker Studios, and I have wanted to for quite awhile. They have not done anything for me, and I feel I function better without a network. Either way, I shouldn't have to justify my reasoning to them for not renewing my contract. I contacted them over a week ago giving them my 30+ day notice that I would not like to renew my contract, and they responded right away offering me a bigger rev share. I turned them down and asked for my contract not be renewed in April, but they stopped replying to me and haven't replied in over a week despite numerous attempts by me to contact them.
What a horrible company. They're trying to stall me until my contract auto-renews so that they can make me their slave. I refuse. What can I do?

To my understanding you have done everything to let the contract end in April. It's probably just not worth an answer for them. You could write another email asking if they registered the renewal block and additionally you could write a letter to make clear you don't want the contract to be renewed. Note the dates of your contact attempts to serve as evidence in a potential law case.

Back