Lost a BUNCH of views? Is it cause of monetizing?

MisterPhos

Hey guys! My name is MisterPhos or Phos and I was wondering... If you monetize your videos do you get less views somehow? Do people not watch the video because they don't want to sit through a 5 second ad? Does google lower the chance of people finding you via search somehow?

I am partnered with TGN. A couple weeks ago, I took a 2 week break from YouTube. When I came back and started to post videos I've notice that my views has gone down drastically. I did hear YouTube having a subscription problem but i'm not sure. Before the two week break my views were fine. Maybe its the time I upload my videos? I forgot if i monetized the videos before the 2 week break...

Ideas anyone?

It's probably because you took a two week break. You've lost some engagement with your subscribers.

Yeah I can imagine that. But I have also 1k subs and my videos dont even make it to 80 views some times.... It really looks like im buying subs which i'm not

Have you checked them out to see if you've been botted? It may not be the case but worth a check.
I have very few subscribers so my videos aren't monitized now.

But no. Monetizing does not give you less views, nor does it give you more views (afaik). Maybe you are just a tiny bit off with the content you do now?

Personally this has not been the experience for me. Early in my YT career I did not monetize because I thought the same thing, but my views remained abysmal. I decided to monetize most of my videos in April and it has had no detrimental impact on my views--in fact, my views continue to increase. Taking extended breaks do impact your views though.

Since you took a break maybe a lot of your subscribers lost interest on you and didn't expected for you to upload anymore. Also about your subs it happens a lot I have 1k subs and i get less than 100 views per videos. A lot of my subs are old accounts from when i started youtube back in 2009 so derp lol still check if you're not botted.

Back