Losing Subscribers & Not Gaining Any?

Hi, recently I have been losing one or two subs a day. I stopped posting for a bit which resulted in me losing views, but my subs stayed the same. Why is it as soon as I started making videos again my subscribers are going down and I am not gaining any? I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem? Also my analytics are saying I have way more views on a video than it is showing on my page.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

~SassyAngel

Well, from my experience, not losing subscribers when not posting (I do not have experience in this particular aspect but I'm guesstimating) and losing subscribers when posting can probably be attributed to the fact that when you do not post, some people might forget about your channel. Typically my subscribers have easily 50-100+ subscribed channels meaning it'd probably be not that hard for them to forget me if I stop posting. However when you start posting again, if they see your videos but don't like it or just don't want to watch your content any longer, then they have that gateway to unsub. It is a common sight.

Well, from my experience, not losing subscribers when not posting (I do not have experience in this particular aspect but I'm guesstimating) and losing subscribers when posting can probably be attributed to the fact that when you do not post, some people might forget about your channel. Typically my subscribers have easily 50-100+ subscribed channels meaning it'd probably be not that hard for them to forget me if I stop posting. However when you start posting again, if they see your videos but don't like it or just don't want to watch your content any longer, then they have that gateway to unsub. It is a common sight.

See, what I did was quite clever, I waited so long to return that I think all of my subscribers are no longer active. They can't unsubscribe if they are no longer active. ;)

Why is it as soon as I started making videos again my subscribers are going down
It's exactly as @Archieonic said. Because you were inactive and then started posting again, people were reminded of your channel. When people get notifications of a channel they haven't heard of in a while, they could have any of these three reactions:
1. Happily surprised that you posted again (active subscribers)
2. Indifferent to the fact you posted again (inactive subscribers)
3. Uninterested in your content/channel (active unsubscribers)
You seem to have a bunch of the third category. Don't sweat it, these people wouldn't be active subs anyway.

So, to the fact you're not gaining any, this is because you need to market yourself again. Try to get suggested by the algorithm by optimising your SEO and promoot on your social media.

To be honest I'm glad you made this post. I'm quite new to YouTube and am having a similar issue where I'm stuck on 25 subs and less people are watching my videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, recently I have been losing one or two subs a day. I stopped posting for a bit which resulted in me losing views, but my subs stayed the same. Why is it as soon as I started making videos again my subscribers are going down and I am not gaining any? I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem? Also my analytics are saying I have way more views on a video than it is showing on my page.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

~SassyAngel

Hey! You might find that those who are looking for a sub back, have started to unsubscribe. In fact, this is a very good thing. Don't let it put you off - it's all about consistent growth and communities :)

Back