LOCKED - I'm having a huge issue with monetization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadence Pinder

Hey guys! New user here. I'm having major issues with my monetization and we all know contacting youtube is pretty much impossible :crying:

In the past when I was making YouTube videos, all my videos had ads. Then I stopped posting videos for a couple years, and have recently started again. They stopped putting ads on my videos because of the 10k total views rule. WELL, here's where things get confusing. The entire time, my monetization tab said "enabled" and I had the green money sign next to all my videos. Even when I DIDNT have 10k total views. My revenue kept increasing, but it was from youtube red views. Not from ads. I recently passed 10k total views, and still no ads on my videos. No emails, no forms to fill out, nothing. I'm worried that since my monetization tab has been "enabled" the whole time, that it somehow messed everything up? How do I fix this? I'm frustrated lol

Since you are just coming back, you may not be aware of what has been going on in the last five months on youtube. Youtube has been going through a lot of changes since April and making major software changes to the way ads are displayed and stuff. This came about as a result of what is now being called the ADpocalypse. Basically, some terrorist posted some horrifying videos on youtube and youtube let some ads run it and the advertiser found out and went ballistic causing a panic among big advertisers that resulted in them boycotting youtube until youtube could assure them that their ads would not run alongside "Objectionable or Offensive" content. This resulted in youtube overreacting and pretty much pulling all ads down to almost nothing until they could figure out what to do. Bottom line, because of the bad actions of and insignificant few, millions of innocent honest content creators were punished. What a just world we live in, right? Anyway, things are just now returning to normal, but are still very unstable. Youtube is still making huge adjustments and tweaks to their system and we have no idea when it will all end.

I would keep working with it. If you are earning revenue, then I would not worry about what it says on your account page as that is one area they are tweaking, adding new symbols and meanings. Many people are experiencing inconsistencies with their account pages. If you are not earning, and you qualify to earn, I would try to contact youtube, as they are the only ones that can hep with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back