Liking My Own Videos?

DaRealParth

*Edit: Just get your friends to watch your videos and like it. Its better than liking your own videos with more accounts. That's what I've learned from this post. I don't think there is much to add to this forum post, but feel free to read.

So I just posted my first video this morning, and its done decently. 11 Views in 8 hours. I know the video I posted isn't something a lot of users have trouble on, but it was a easy video for me to get started. Anyways, my question is: Is it okay if I like my own videos with a few accounts? I have like 5 gmail accounts, and I feel like if I like and comment my videos, then it will significantly boost my videos rating. Although its a very simple video, TubeBuddy says people search for this topic, which means boosting the video with my other 5 accounts will get more viewers into my channel. I feel like its a cheap tactic, but I already have those accounts anyways, so I don't see why not to do it. I haven't heard anyone say it was against the TOS of Youtube. Any feedback would be appreciated!

-Parth

Last edited:
I think it's frowned upon by content creators, but I don't know if there's anything wrong with it.
I give all my videos a thumbs up as soon as I upload them so it's not such a lonely button lol.

It's a horrible idea to do that, I'd suggest against it. It won't benefit you in any way, since the watch time is really the main factor in SEO.

It won't benefit you in any way, but it won't hurt you either. I think it's just a waste of time logging in with each account.

you'd better use that for reddit +1's or +1-ing your shared post on G+. Or retweet with Twitter.

Yeah, but the thing is that my videos are usually going to be under a couple mins. That means using 5 accounts to watch and like my videos will boost my video ranking. And I don't have to really watch the video, I just need to have it muted playing in another tab. I know its not the best thing to do, but if I wanted to get my channel growing quickly. I might try it in a few videos and see how it works out.

I'm gonna be honest, using 5 accounts to boost your own videos will do about jack-squat for your video or channel growth.
There's no harm in it but there's also really no benefit.

It's really stupid and egotistical to do this especially with multiple channels, what fun is liking your own content? Same goes for Facebook posts as well.

I'm all for having a reputation boosting but not boosting YOURSELF. I'm pretty sure YT knows its you due to the same IP, no?

Yeah you can like your own videos with multiple accounts, but it won't count as views/watch time. That's good because who wants to keep switching accounts for videos just to boost watch time. I think being able to like your videos is good enough for me. Just gives my videos a slight edge compared to other new videos. Like Uncivilized Elk said, it won't do a lot, BUT it does seem to work a little. I also agree liking your own content isn't fun, but I think its a place to start your channel. Once your channel starts to naturally get likes and comments, then you stop.

It's not going to do anything as far as ranking your videos among the others, but having 5 likes instead of 1 might mean the difference between someone deciding to watch the video or not, especially if it has very few views.

Back