left Maker. Now what?

SherlockCupid

DropKick.
So my contract with Makergen has ended.

My channel was just starting to pick up steam but it honestly has been an overall negative experience so I'm happy to have left!

Now what? Is my channel big enough to join another MCN or should I just use adsense?

Do I even have good enough content to get better views?

I'd just go with Adsense. Look for a tutorial I wrote on this site called "After The Network". I left Maker Gen last August, and I will not join another MCN. All they do is take a cut of your money and offer little in return that you could not find for yourself.

I still, for the life of me, cannot fathom why someone would want to hand over 30% of their earnings to any network..
What do they (actually accomplish) or give you that is worth that much?!

*Shrug* for me, it was an experiment. I rode along for a bit to feel it out as this was the first real MCN "wave", and networks were not popping up all over the place yet. After Disney bought out RPM/Maker, I knew it was destined to die; only no one believed me. The events of the last month within Maker have borne out my misgivings, and I left in 2016, just ahead of the axe. I got tired of losing money and getting nothing in return, though it did keep the tax man away from my door.

Stick with adsense. Unless you can get a managed deal from an MCN (which they dont give out anymore unless youre over a millon subs) you won't benefit from being an affiliate (the ammount you pay from the split doesn't justify access to a music libray, one which you can subscribe for on your own). Being an MCN these days is only for managed as you aren't scanned for content id which is a game changer.

Being an MCN these days is only for managed as you aren't scanned for content id which is a game changer.
What.. What?! Ok, THAT got my attention!
Does this mean you can post whatever you want, or you just deal with copyright material differently?

What.. What?! Ok, THAT got my attention!
Does this mean you can post whatever you want, or you just deal with copyright material differently?
Yes you can post anything and you won't get scanned for content id, only if a copyright holder manually claims it. However this does NOT mean you should be posting anything copyrighted, this is not what it's meant for. Instead the system lets those mismatches and such not happen with your videos, and only the proper content holders can manually claim it instead if they see it (so it's not by bot but by person). However like I said, these days theres 0% change you will get managed as youtube forced MCNs super harsh penalties for managed channels if any get a strike, and now all MCNs only have managed for inhouse or milllion+ trusted channels that they actively watch (or if you were lucky enough to get rolled in).

Back