Leave BBTV (revenues share)

lejack

Hello,

I have a channel created in 2012, I have 8500 subscribers and more than 3.5 million views.

I joined BBTV in June 2016, and I noticed that my earnings were down.

I asked for cancel the contract, but they refuse, I have a 2 year contract with them.

You advise me to create a new channel and start from scratch? I fear that the new video on the new channel will not be visible!

Attached my revenues of August, CPM 0.445$ then I had averaged 1.2$ with Adsense.

Thank you

Attachments

• bbtv.PNG
    bbtv.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 13
First of all, why didnt you tried to get better deal? I had way less subscribers when I went for some time with BBTV than you but I managed to negotiate no-lock in contract (it just boggles my mind).

Second - if you already have 8500 subscribers it really depends. How much did you really lost with them? I mean CPM might seem lower, but in the end what is on paycheck matters the most - if you have significantly less then I would think about it. If not (or just few bucks) I would try to endure it :)

I was stupid, I signed a 2 year contract without reading. I was too lazy to do the translation, I'm French.

I won with Youtube, averaging $ 120 per month, now with BBTV is $ 70 per month.

If I create new channel with the same google + account, if I put new content, BBTV is not going to the claim?

Thank you

You can create a new channel and it won't be linked to BBTV automatically, no worries about that. But losing 8000+ subscribers is a big hit, you will have to start from scratch, build your audience again and although you can create a video on your old channel asking people to follow you to a new channel, many won't do it. So your earnings will drop even further. I'd stay for a few more months if I were you and see what happens next. And perhaps maybe you can reach out to them after 6 months (or 12) and request a better deal, although it's unlikely you will get it - but you could say you won't upload any new videos if they don't accept your request.

My channel with BBTV is a eduction channel for children, now I want to create a music channel for children, I have prepared a CLIP in 3 languages, I spent $ 1000 and I do not want BBTV that takes 40% without doing anything.

Back