Laptops matter?

NoFear10

Does the kind of laptop you have for vlogging matter? I know some are faster and some have more memory. But if you are just starting out and speed and battery life are not vital. Will some just simply not work?

Pretty much, as long as its not to old and it has the min hardware requirement for the editing software that you have/use.

You may want to buy a cooling mat due to the fact that it wil be running at max temps for a long time when its rendering.

For video storage you can also use external hard drives as they came way down in price or even the larger SD cards if the laptop has a SD reader.

When editing content. First look at the specific minimum requirements for the editing software you plan on using. The second component would be the resolution and fps of the media you are creating. If you are recording in 1080p 30fps or lower resolutions there is a wider range of hardware that would work well. It still depends how old the laptop is of course. Nowadays I would recommend at least an i5 processor and 8 GB of ram for some good overall performance. 4k is a whole different animal.

I say use what you have and make the best out of it, the content and the product you create is the most important thing. Have fun.

Back